Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really don't wana go 2 class 2 day, i recently broke out during the weekend and

the added stress is not going to help. I hate dealing with people when I look like shit.

Schools should honestly take in consideration granting sick leaves for skin conditions, they absolutly show no compassion towards the people who go through the emotional/psych effects of acne. Little do they know just how bad it is and how much it effects our education. Talk about a burden. I can honestly say if I didn't have acne I would probably have been first in my class, and now living with acne I'm struggling to barely graduate. So Mr.Acne?

What else in my life is there left 4 u 2 ruin? :doubt:

I kno what you mean, but I dont go to school anymore so thats great for me! But ive been there, oh one time I had this big one right on my forehead I didnt look at barely anyone all day. I only wish I could have worn this ---> :ninja: But it passes cause we gotta do it either way. : (

I know exactly how you feel. Before i had acne i used to be straight A student , but as soon as it got bad i started taking days off becuase i couldnt deal with it. Its because we focus so much on our acne we lose interest in our grades and school. Now i , like you have gcses (exams) coming up and i dont know how im gonna get through them.

It a freaking pain.

It is important to remember that school is important and not to let your acne get in the way of your grades, but I know its harder to do it then to say it....

Acne is one problem.

You and only you are making it another problem

Looking like crap is one thing, but making your grades suffer is a result of you not wanting to go to class.

I kno what you mean, but I dont go to school anymore so thats great for me! But ive been there, oh one time I had this big one right on my forehead I didnt look at barely anyone all day. I only wish I could have worn this ---> :ninja: But it passes cause we gotta do it either way. : (

Acne is one problem.

You and only you are making it another problem

Looking like crap is one thing, but making your grades suffer is a result of you not wanting to go to class.

yeah i agree with that, Ive only taken a few days off for some breakouts, but I find myself thinking about my face most of the time during the class, which sucks bigtime.

Well it is something you should overcome

Even though it sucks to hvae acne, and I hate it, I try for it not to get in the way of my academics

I haven't ever skipped class due to anything skin wise that doesn't affect my general health

I agree with most of the people up there.

When I first started college, my skin looked really bad, with lots of scarring, acne, and really bad redness and flushing. I always thought, "If only I had flawless skin, I bet I wouldn't spend so much time on it and be able to study so well and get so much better grades."

I was so wrong. Via a very good dermatologist near the vicinity, I'm now what a lot of people would say "clear", with occasional zits here and there, along with the redness gone.

Studying is just as hard... And I can see that there is really no correlation between having acne and being better academically, but that fact is really difficult to accept until you personally experience the shift.