Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just started these. I'm hesitant to apply anything during the day because my face gets soooo dry so easily, but can anyone tell me how to use these two together in a way that works? I'm hoping the Duac will help work against the dreaded "initial breakout" I hear about Differin. Any help would be great thanks :)

Are you already using BP, so your skin is used to it already? Or is this a new product for you? (The duac being BP and clindamycin I think?)

I was mostly just on salicyclic acid before this, which didn't harm but didn't help. In my past experience, BP has tended to dry out my skin. Though my new derm just put me on it, so we'll see how it goes.

And yup, that's what is in Duac

I would advise caution, then. Duac is very powerful, especially if you're going to be using differin too. Make sure you don't use an excess of either product. A pea sized drop of differin is all you need for your whole face. And for the Duac, just enough to cover the face in a very thin layer. Monitor your skin. If it's starts getting dry or irritated, cut out the duac for a day or two and let your skin get back to normal before starting up again.

As for the IB...well. I hope sincerely you can avoid it, because it sucks. But I think some sort of purge is to be expected becasue of the changes in your skin. The duac will probably decrease it, though, so try to be consistent with both products for at least 8 weeks...