Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

I need your opinion...

For the past 3 weeks I have been getting little red spots with a white tip on my inner cheeks. They do not inflame and go away within 1-3 days. But they won't stop popping up. It's happening on both sides and really ugly/ruddy looking.

The skin in that area is peely, rough, and dry. I try to exfoliate it very gently but the skin is stubborn and doesn't want to come off. There is basically a layer of dead skin over that area. I moisturize it twice a day too.

I use tazorac and I'm not sure whether to apply it there or not. Also could there be anything I'm eating that is causing this because the other areas on my face are clear (rare occurance). Could too much fat (olives, avocados, ghee, olive oil, nuts) cause this?

I am turning to you guys because I honestly don't know what to think or do.

Any ideas would be VERY helpful and appreciated.

For the past 3 weeks I have been getting little red spots with a white tip on my inner cheeks. They do not inflame and go away within 1-3 days. But they won't stop popping up. It's happening on both sides and really ugly/ruddy looking.

The skin in that area is peely, rough, and dry. I try to exfoliate it very gently but the skin is stubborn and doesn't want to come off. There is basically a layer of dead skin over that area. I moisturize it twice a day too.

I use tazorac and I'm not sure whether to apply it there or not. Also could there be anything I'm eating that is causing this because the other areas on my face are clear (rare occurance). Could too much fat (olives, avocados, ghee, olive oil, nuts) cause this?

I am turning to you guys because I honestly don't know what to think or do.

Any ideas would be VERY helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I just started incorporating ghee into my diet. I was using olive oil and now replacing it with ghee.

My inside cheeks and nose area are the only places on my face that are rough and covered in dry skin. I want to get a wash cloth and vigorously exfoliate but I'm afraid that may make it worse. Do you think the dead skin is causing the acne?

It just boggles my mind because that is the LAST place I ususally break out. Like I sadi, they are tiny bumps or red spots with a teeny white center.

Any other comments would be great...

Rough, dry, peeling skin, small red bumps are all a sign of irritation, most likely from the Tazorac that you're using. I don't think its the diet unless you recently added something new. I know you've been on a very healthy diet for some time now which has been successful, so I would just recommend cutting back on the tazorac and exfoliating everyday. There are several ways you can do it. Your can use a glycolic acid product; or you can squeeze some lime juice and gently rub it on your face with a cotton ball. Lime is a great natural exfoliant. Also, I find it easier to exfoliate after/during a shower because the steam helps soften the dry, dead layer of skin. After your shower, rub your fingers on your cheeks and the dry, dead skin should start coming off. I do not recommend using a wash cloth.

That used to happen to me when I did not take in olive oil, like bumpy skin on the inner cheeks as you mentioned, but more like clogged pores somewhat, whitish in color with dry skin around it

I used to get a similar type of acne on my forehead when I ate a lot of sugar.. have you been eating high amounts of sugar recently?

Rough, dry, peeling skin, small red bumps are all a sign of irritation, most likely from the Tazorac that you're using. I don't think its the diet unless you recently added something new. I know you've been on a very healthy diet for some time now which has been successful, so I would just recommend cutting back on the tazorac and exfoliating everyday. There are several ways you can do it. Your can use a glycolic acid product; or you can squeeze some lime juice and gently rub it on your face with a cotton ball. Lime is a great natural exfoliant. Also, I find it easier to exfoliate after/during a shower because the steam helps soften the dry, dead layer of skin. After your shower, rub your fingers on your cheeks and the dry, dead skin should start coming off. I do not recommend using a wash cloth.

What is so frustrating is that I've got my diet down perfect. I eat low carb/higher in protein and fats. I sleep enough and drink plenty of water. I take fish oil, cod oil, b complex, taurine, saw palmetto, and zinc. I also take probiotics and ACV with breakfast and dinner. My bowels are not wonderful, but I do go once a day. I exercise every single day. The only other thing is my stress and I have to work on that a bit.

I am trying so hard and feel that I should be clear by now. Maybe I am trying too hard, for example applying too much tazorac and rubbing the dead skin too much.

If I am going to spend a fortune on food and put such an extreme amount of time into this, I just feel discouraged that it's not giving me the results that I want.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just reaching my limits with this whole health/acne thing.

What is so frustrating is that I've got my diet down perfect. I eat low carb/higher in protein and fats. I sleep enough and drink plenty of water. I take fish oil, cod oil, b complex, taurine, saw palmetto, and zinc. I also take probiotics and ACV with breakfast and dinner. My bowels are not wonderful, but I do go once a day. I exercise every single day. The only other thing is my stress and I have to work on that a bit.

I am trying so hard and feel that I should be clear by now. Maybe I am trying too hard, for example applying too much tazorac and rubbing the dead skin too much.

If I am going to spend a fortune on food and put such an extreme amount of time into this, I just feel discouraged that it's not giving me the results that I want.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just reaching my limits with this whole health/acne thing.

Don't give up, Jen! You've been doing so well, you cant quit now. I know its discouraging when you're doing all you can and still breaking out but believe me, a healthy diet/lifestyle does pay off. You shouldn't be spending too much time on your skin care routine. Just pay attention to your skin. If its dry, moisturize it and don't use any chemicals on it. I learned that with the right diet/supplements, your skin will heal itself and be well hydrated without any use of topicals, medications, or lotions. So I would recommend you wean yourself off the Tazorac and just adopt a simple short routine like wash and moisturize, and nothing else. I was using mandelic acid and glycolic acid everyday but as soon as I stopped using them and relied only on my diet and supplements, the health of my skin improved. My skin went from dry and flakey to well hydrated (and I dont even moisturize anymore!). Don't stress about what you eat. Just eat as healthy as you can and its ok if your diet is not perfect, as long as you're getting most of the vitamins and minerals your body needs. If you continue to breakout, then something in your diet could be the culprit. Experiment by cutting certain things out (like all nuts) and see what happens.

Don't give up, Jen! You've been doing so well, you cant quit now. I know its discouraging when you're doing all you can and still breaking out but believe me, a healthy diet/lifestyle does pay off. You shouldn't be spending too much time on your skin care routine. Just pay attention to your skin. If its dry, moisturize it and don't use any chemicals on it. I learned that with the right diet/supplements, your skin will heal itself and be well hydrated without any use of topicals, medications, or lotions. So I would recommend you wean yourself off the Tazorac and just adopt a simple short routine like wash and moisturize, and nothing else. I was using mandelic acid and glycolic acid everyday but as soon as I stopped using them and relied only on my diet and supplements, the health of my skin improved. My skin went from dry and flakey to well hydrated (and I dont even moisturize anymore!). Don't stress about what you eat. Just eat as healthy as you can and its ok if your diet is not perfect, as long as you're getting most of the vitamins and minerals your body needs. If you continue to breakout, then something in your diet could be the culprit. Experiment by cutting certain things out (like all nuts) and see what happens.