Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've never really vented to anyone about my acne before. I've always been too embarrassed to even mention it to anyone.

I've struggled with severe acne for most of my life. Painful cysts, nodules, random swelling. I've got pits in my face where the cysts keep coming back, hard bumps underneath my skin where they never went away. The whole one side of my face is covered in dark red bumps and scars. I get acne around my LIPS and it won't go away. I dread leaving the house. I can't look my mate in the eyes, I'm always hiding my face from him when we're together, usually by constantly having my head turned away, pretending like I'm always looking at something else, or even just leaving part of my hair over my face so at least some of the acne is covered up. I can not stand him touching my face. It makes me feel so horribly ugly. I honestly can't understand how he can touch me at all. I never believe him when he tells me I'm beautiful, or makes some playful remark that I'm the ''hottest'' girl in the room, or some other such comment. It just makes me feel awful and disgusting.

It's painful to wash my face. The cysts are agonizing. They ache constantly, even when I DON'T touch them. They're under my eyes, against my nose, behind my ears, under my jaw. I've tried topical prescriptions, oral antibiotics, hormones. My bathroom counter is constantly littered with endless bottles, creams, gels, pads, masks, everything, and anyone who goes in there always sees. It's embarrassing to travel or go on any overnight trips with friends and having to discreetly pack face wipes and creams and soaps, although inevitably my skin always comes back worse, and I never feel good after a ''fun'' trip from home anymore.

I avoid any remotely greasy, fatty foods. It'd too embarrassing to admit to anyone that I can't even enjoy the occasional pizza or chips or french fries or cheeseburgers like everyone else. My mate by this point thinks I'm some just some crazed health nut and worried about gaining weight. But I can't have those things because I have acne. And I find myself STILL giving in to junk foods in social settings where everyone is sharing a pizza or getting hamburgers and I'm the only one not eating, and everyone else is standing around all asking me why, which is just as embarrassing and awkward as the acne.

I dread social events. My skin always hurts. I'm constantly covered in red scars, bulbous cysts, and puss-filled white heads. The only thing any of my medicine does is make my skin peel and flake around the acne, which still stays. Battling my acne is taking over my mind and my life, and I don't know what else to do.

I think its safe to say we all know how you feel, and have felt like that before. Mine has cleared up a lot but I still have like 1 to 3 on my face almost every day. It's probably just a phase, my skin did that, and while it was bad I felt soooo horrible. have you used teatree oil, witch hazel, or anything like that?

Have you tried any of the tane medications or seen a dermatologists? coz it might not be manageble acne by all these creams coz maybe you may even need leaser therapy.

I think its safe to say we all know how you feel, and have felt like that before. Mine has cleared up a lot but I still have like 1 to 3 on my face almost every day. It's probably just a phase, my skin did that, and while it was bad I felt soooo horrible. have you used teatree oil, witch hazel, or anything like that?

I've tried a bunch of prescriptions from various dermatologists, as well as everything you could ever buy off the shelf. At this point I'm inclined to believe that anything that has ever ''seemed'' to work for me temporarily has either been psychosomatic, or complete coincidence, as it never continues to work in the long term.

I've never tried what you mentioned.

Have you tried any of the tane medications or seen a dermatologists? coz it might not be manageble acne by all these creams coz maybe you may even need leaser therapy.

Terrified of trying Accutane...I wish there was some other way.