Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rint

How do you open up a zit safely?

I had this kind of left over zit i popped a long time ago, and it has pores on it so i know it's not a scar. So i decided in order to get rid of it i have to open it and get what evers left out and then let it heal finally. How do i go about doing that?

if you have a lancet you can use that to open it and squeeze it (most derms and day spas will give them to you for free)..if not, i wrap my fingers in a couple paper towels and just squeeze. after dot it with a little rubbing alcohol or other antiseptic. icing it after will help redness and swelling.

is it kinda a hard white head? My son has that & i dont know how to handle it.

No it's just a red bump. It looks like a part of your skin but red that has pores on it. I squeezed it and a little puss came out like the usual amount you would get from squeezing a pore, and it still didn't decrease in redness or size. It's not very red just sorta, but it's noticable. I've had it for a while

You should not squeeze it. You might get a scar, or infection.. How about put some kind of acne spot treatment on it..? If it is open pore, then the spot treatment works faster.

I've been putting acne cream on it to no effect, and i put mederma on it cause i thought it might be a weird scar. No effect. I'm opening it up as a last resort

My advice would be to apply some benzoyl peroxide directly to the spot. It seems to work for me.

I put acne cream with benzoyle on it directly. I used mederma on it which treats scars. Can i get advice that i'm not already doing? Or how can i open it safely. I dont mind if it leaves a scar i can use mederma to heal it.

I wouldn't open it with a needle until it comes to a head. Or else you're going to have a huge scab there for two weeks followed by a huge red spot for two months. And you won't be able to squeeze anything out anyway.

What I have done is sort of manipulate it with my fingers, press on it lightly throughout the day, in order to agitate it. As though you're trying to squeeze it, but don't squeeze very hard. By irritating it just enough, it will grow and then turn into the whitehead you're looking for, which you can then squeeze.