Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sharonamor

Bp really work for cysts acne?

Does Bp really work for cysts? I have found that it didnt do much for my cysts in the past.I give up alway dry out the top and make them more red

I have been reading alot about it on this board ..so I went out and got some bp %5 clean and clear give it another try. Im only putting a little on before bed as a spot treatment..See if that helps ..Has anyone had luck with Bp and cysts acne? Thanks and this board is a great place for info and to know im not alone with Ance

I have found using BP only speeds up the process of healing my cysts. When they get dry, use moisturizer. BP alone isn't enough for me though, I am on monicycline and spironolacton 2x/day as well. Read my blog for my full modified regimen. Hope this helps!

Hello

I am new to this forum, and I've seen this 'bp' mentioned in many posts.

What product is this ?

Thank you

Hello

I am new to this forum, and I've seen this 'bp' mentioned in many posts.

What product is this ?

Thank you

BP stands for benzoyl peroxide, its found in alot of products mostly at a % of 2.5 in some cases 5% and 10% being the strongest. an example of this type of product is oxy on the spot or oxy10

most BP products are kept behind the counter so you would have to go to your local chemist and ask them what BP products they stock.

nearly everyone finds BP helps get rid of the red marks left by acne sadly a few people find that it does not work

hope this helps

as for the main post i find that it does help for cysts most of the time which is strange in some cases for me at least, sometimes it works and others it does not, it usually helps around 75% of the time. it will increase the healing time greatly however it still will be there longer than the less server acne