Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeremyD17

Moisturizer questions

Hi, ive been on the regimen for about 2 full days now and I'm currently using Cetaphil moisturizer and it seems to be really oily, it says non-comedogenic, but it doesn't say non-oily. I was wondering if anyone else has any problems with Cetaphil moisturizer.

As well as is too much moisturizer a bad thing.

Any ideas would be very helpful

I think cetaphil is too oily to use during the day. IT's okay for night time use. Too much moisturizer is bad since some areas might not need it and get clogged as a result. Spread a thin layer, and if an area feels like it needs more just apply more.

I've had some trouble finding a non-greasy moisturizer too, that won't shine or look obvious.

Thanks indoorkid,

Have you settled on a moisturizer that woks well, Because I went out today and I was forced to rinse off the BP and moisturizer because it just looked and felt way to greasy. Do you think I could just apply BP during the day and stick out the dryness or look for a new product?

There's actually a really good spf sunblock that moisturizes a bit. It's Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock. If you're using bp during the day you need to wear sunblock. Otherwise the red marks stick around longer. It also isn't greasy at all.

I started using complex 15, which is a pretty light moisturizer (no spf), but I just started today. I'll let you know how it goes.

I used Cetaphil's moisturizer also and I agree that it is way too greasy. I feel pretty uncomfortable wearing it because its so oily. Ive been using the Acne.org moisturizer and it works quite well. In my opinion it still has a very slight greasy feeling but it works great. The best moisturizer Ive used is Proactiv's but I don't think you can purchase that separately.

Ive been trying to get a consensus on the jojoba oil, is it greasy or oily, can it be used as a moisturizer alone. But for now I recommend you get the Acne.org moisturizer.

I used Cetaphil's moisturizer also and I agree that it is way too greasy. I feel pretty uncomfortable wearing it because its so oily. Ive been using the Acne.org moisturizer and it works quite well. In my opinion it still has a very slight greasy feeling but it works great. The best moisturizer Ive used is Proactiv's but I don't think you can purchase that separately.

Ive been trying to get a consensus on the jojoba oil, is it greasy or oily, can it be used as a moisturizer alone. But for now I recommend you get the Acne.org moisturizer.

i just bought the cetaphil moisturizer lotion and yes, it is sooo oilyyyy, fuuuckkk, i spend 30$ on it (yes, this is the price in my country :S), maybe i will use it at night, hope that my skin wont break out.

And the neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock spf 55 is very greasy for me too... i think the spf 30 is a little better

PD: i have extremely oily skin and a big box with all moisturizer i've tried... damn :S

I'm using complex 15 face cream right now and it doesn't appear greasy at all. If your skin isn't extremely dry I suggest you use it.

It also appears to have the highest ratings in the treatment reviews page. Unfortunately, it's hard to find, and I was only able to get it from drugstore.com