Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustinG

What's After the BP?

So at night time...how would you recomend doing the regimen with the Acne.org products before you go to sleep? Obviously using the cleanser then the BP, but would you use anything after you apply the BP to your face before you sleep? Or is it more effective to just make the BP the last thing yo put on your face just right before you sleep?

So at night time...how would you recomend doing the regimen with the Acne.org products before you go to sleep? Obviously using the cleanser then the BP, but would you use anything after you apply the BP to your face before you sleep? Or is it more effective to just make the BP the last thing yo put on your face just right before you sleep?

My face looks 5x better when I use the moisturizer compared to when I'm too lazy not to.

Ok, thanks. Sorry, another question here! I'm also planning on getting the Jojoba oil to use as a moisterizer, would you guys suggest putting that on after I apply the BP? Sorry if I'm so ignorant about these things, it's just I've been struggling for mild acne since I was a Sophmore in high school, I'm now a senior, and it's not getting better. It'll look like it' getting better, then it'll get worse. So I just wanna do the right thing from now on. It's getting to the point where I might consider some sort of "make up" when I go out in public to cover it up. Thanks again everyone.

Ok, thanks. Sorry, another question here! I'm also planning on getting the Jojoba oil to use as a moisterizer, would you guys suggest putting that on after I apply the BP? Sorry if I'm so ignorant about these things, it's just I've been struggling for mild acne since I was a Sophmore in high school, I'm now a senior, and it's not getting better. It'll look like it' getting better, then it'll get worse. So I just wanna do the right thing from now on. It's getting to the point where I might consider some sort of "make up" when I go out in public to cover it up. Thanks again everyone.

I always wait for the bp gel to dry completely and then I moisturize. The previous poster is right, consistency is important.

I'd recommend:

1) cleanser

2) BP

3) moisturiser

4) oil (emu/jojoba)

I have been using a moisturiser and then emu oil for a few weeks, and I get almost no redness now. Seriously. I cannot stress how much the emu oil helps. Jojoba would probably be fine instead, though.

Only do the oil at night, though, because it makes your skin look...well, oily. >_<

Since I'm going to be starting the BP slowly once a night before I go to sleep, it is important to use moisterizer or it doesn't really matter? Since no one will see me besides my family in the house, I don't really mind if it gets dry and or flakey.

Also, do people's skin react differently when it comes to BP? I'm hoping I won't get that red!

Since I'm going to be starting the BP slowly once a night before I go to sleep, it is important to use moisterizer or it doesn't really matter? Since no one will see me besides my family in the house, I don't really mind if it gets dry and or flakey.

Also, do people's skin react differently when it comes to BP? I'm hoping I won't get that red!

you know when i was on the regimen for the first few months i absolutely needed moisturizer after the BP application. Flash forward 3 years later and I almost never put on moisturizer. I guess my face is just used to it.

So I got my Acne.org products last night, I tried it for the first time and so far so good, I have no complaints, hopefully this will finally be the answer to NO MORE ACNE! Anyways, I pu tthe BP gel, and it didn't get dry or anything, no flaking of the skin either. Is this normal for some people? I didn't put on any moisterizer b/c I didn't need to. Or will the drying come more as I use it in the future?

The drying will increase.

Trust me...trust all of us...use the moisturiser. You skin will be MUCH better for it in the long run. If it gets red and flakey it won't be gone by morning and by the time you think you should have done it - well, the horse will have already gotten out of the barn, so to speak.

FWIW, I really, really like the jojoba oil that Dan is selling. It's wonderful. It makes my skin feel great. Instead of using 3 pumps of my regular moisturiser, I use 2 and mix in two drops of jojoba.