Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sick of my acne...I remember just about less then a year ago my face was crystal clear..

Acne is a sickening thing. There was this one kid that had alot of acne and Id always make fun of him aboutt his zits and so on and I had thought that I will never get acne EVER. But Karma bit me in the ass pretty hard..Now i personally feel for anyone who does have harsh acne...

Ive tried so much stuff already. ProActive, some special kind of soap for acne, doxycycl and benzoyl peroxide %10 (which im using right now, its my first month) I have oily skin.

So if anyone can tell me how to use benzoyl peroxide and doxycycl (which is a pill) RIGHT so it can be more effective against my acne...i hope you guys will reply..

THANKS ALOT GUYS...appreciate it very much

have u tried Vitamin A? It helps your skin shed..and controls your oil..that's what accutane it...but before u do anything like Vitamin A do some research on it..when i started my Vitamin A regimen..i took like 10 pills a day..and it helped me immensely...^_^ read read READ up on it!

I'm sick of my acne...I remember just about less then a year ago my face was crystal clear..

Acne is a sickening thing. There was this one kid that had alot of acne and Id always make fun of him aboutt his zits and so on and I had thought that I will never get acne EVER. But Karma bit me in the ass pretty hard..Now i personally feel for anyone who does have harsh acne...

Ive tried so much stuff already. ProActive, some special kind of soap for acne, doxycycl and benzoyl peroxide %10 (which im using right now, its my first month) I have oily skin.

So if anyone can tell me how to use benzoyl peroxide and doxycycl (which is a pill) RIGHT so it can be more effective against my acne...i hope you guys will reply..

vitamin A? i will try that thanks. but by pills do u mean like doxy pills?

vitamin A? i will try that thanks. but by pills do u mean like doxy pills?

I wouldn't go for vitamin A overdosing until you read about the potential side effects and dangers of it.

You can however, read about the regimen and use your BP that you already have with the Regimen techniques. You may need to get a less strong BP, but see how the 10% works for you. You'll want to start at the beginning of the regimen as well so that you can slowly ramp up the dosage.

A gentle cleanser and a moisturizer are KEY ingredients to the regimen, along with copious amounts of BP. Do check the regimen out. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Regarding the doxy - take it according to the package directions. Please also consider taking probiotics to reduce the bad effects of the antibiotic. Lactobacillus is quite good with doxy. Please also avoid sun tanning and exposure while you're on doxy - doxy makes one much more sensitive to sun exposure and you could get badly burned before you know it.

Please invest in a sunscreen, too! Tanning can actually make acne worse as it interferes with skin shedding and 'leatherizes' the outer layer.

When washing, it's always better to use cool or warm water. Hot water is irritating and can increase the side effects of any topical you're using.

I also like icing the skin after washing. It's soothing, cooling, and reduces any redness.

I wouldn't go for vitamin A overdosing until you read about the potential side effects and dangers of it.

You can however, read about the regimen and use your BP that you already have with the Regimen techniques. You may need to get a less strong BP, but see how the 10% works for you. You'll want to start at the beginning of the regimen as well so that you can slowly ramp up the dosage.

A gentle cleanser and a moisturizer are KEY ingredients to the regimen, along with copious amounts of BP. Do check the regimen out. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Regarding the doxy - take it according to the package directions. Please also consider taking probiotics to reduce the bad effects of the antibiotic. Lactobacillus is quite good with doxy. Please also avoid sun tanning and exposure while you're on doxy - doxy makes one much more sensitive to sun exposure and you could get badly burned before you know it.

Please invest in a sunscreen, too! Tanning can actually make acne worse as it interferes with skin shedding and 'leatherizes' the outer layer.

When washing, it's always better to use cool or warm water. Hot water is irritating and can increase the side effects of any topical you're using.

I also like icing the skin after washing. It's soothing, cooling, and reduces any redness.

Usually within the first two months. Some people see results in the first month. :)

dude I don't have a clue how bad your acne is. get some pics up

Do the regimen with the stuff your supposed too. Don't overkill the BP. Results will come, 1st month is a bitch, keep at it, don't switch back and forth moisturizers etc. The regimen works, around 6 weeks you will definitely see improvements. Do not slack and you will be fine.

Im happy i came across your post. Because I was taking doxycyline for a while, actually about three years!!! it helped me for a while but my face was never completely clear on it either though. I started on 50 mg a day once a day and moved all the way up to 100 mg twice a day within those years. I dont know how bad your skin is or anything to help you out on my opinion to say if it was going to work or not unless you sent me a picture. but I think doxy will help some for a little while and then it might stop or you could be like me in my case and still get then but not alot. If i was you I'd try accutane if your dermatologist doesnt prescribe it, go to one that does! its the only treatment to really stop it, trust me from what it sounds like your just starting to journey with doxy! and ive been on it for three years you dont wanna end up with marks youe acne leaves behind !

ok about your question of how to take it the best way...

I always thought it worked best drinking it with water. if you take any other medications especially birth control .. dont take them at the same time take them a couple hours apart. because i always thought it affected to medicine and made it not work as well. Oh yeah and dont drink it with milk ever it eats the medicine so it doesnt work. and i dont know about you but I HAD to eat beforei took the medicine becasue if i took it on an empty stomach then it was a promising stomach ache and me gagging or puking. So if its like the for you not eat un healthy food before taking it it healthy stuff . but if your stomach isnt weak if its empty and you take it drink it with lots of aqua! hope this helps ya. if you have any question ask me!

Oh yeah and it says dont be in the sun I dont know because eeryone is different but i was in the sun the whole time on the medicine and it never affected me dont take it slow at first and see how your body react to it..

and benzyol peroxide i used that the whole time on doxy .~ it works on your acne you have but its not really preventing it, it just dries up the acne you have, its not the greatest doesnt clear it up over night but its ok. I'd really think about accutane and try for it so you dont have to struggle with acne for a long time. because doxy should help some but accutane will help alot more.

Haha, I get what you mean about the karma thing.

I remember there was this girl in my school, and I made some subtle but stupid comment about her acne to a friend.

Six months later I get a shitload of mild acne.

I never, ever judge a person's skin now. :D

It took almost 4 months for me to see clear results from Dan's Regimen. I'm really glad I didn't give up on it.

Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin and in large quantities its toxic! please do your research before consuming too many! i dunno... but 10 pills a day seems excessive to me...

OMG ..i cant believe this ...im living the same damn thing as you dude and i TOTALLY un derstand you over the past year ive tryied tones of products such as proactiv and all that crap ...right now im using antibioticts ...and the trick is be patient believe me ...welll thats what i keep telling myself

OMG ..i cant believe this ...im living the same damn thing as you dude and i TOTALLY un derstand you over the past year ive tryied tones of products such as proactiv and all that crap ...right now im using antibioticts ...and the trick is be patient believe me ...welll thats what i keep telling myself