Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
surfa67

Acne and UHT milk

The reason I ask this is, my daughter who had normal skin, occasional breakouts at menstrual time has now got full blown cystic acne. The only thing that I can think of that she is doing differently to cause the pimples to turn to cystic acne is drinking UHT milk.

She didn't drink much milk untill we went on holidays and she tried and liked UHT milk, so I started buying it at home. She drinks at least a glass a day, which isn't exsessive, but around the same time she started to drink this milk is when her pimples progressively got worse and over a period of 3 months are now cystic cheek acne.

Does anyone know if there is a link between UHT milk and acne?

The reason I ask this is, my daughter who had normal skin, occasional breakouts at menstrual time has now got full blown cystic acne. The only thing that I can think of that she is doing differently to cause the pimples to turn to cystic acne is drinking UHT milk.

She didn't drink much milk untill we went on holidays and she tried and liked UHT milk, so I started buying it at home. She drinks at least a glass a day, which isn't exsessive, but around the same time she started to drink this milk is when her pimples progressively got worse and over a period of 3 months are now cystic cheek acne.

Does anyone know if there is a link between UHT milk and acne?

Cutting down or eliminating dairy products may help the Regimen work faster. While most people who follow the Regimen strictly can clear up even if they are eating dairy products, dairy products have been shown in one large study to correlate with acne symptoms. While dairy has a low glycemic load, it spikes insulin much like white bread which can result in a hormonal cascade. It's your choice as to whether or not you'd like to avoid dairy.