Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamiemiro

When H&S/Zinc Soap stops working...

Hi,

I've been popping in here on and off for the past...8 years...as I struggle to win the battle against moderate body acne. Sometimes it's gotten better, now it's at a low point. Using zinc soap cleared me up 99% for a period of about 2-3 months last summer before it just stopped working as well and I eventually gave up on it. I'm wondering if this has happened to others and, if so, why they think it is that it stopped working for our bodies but continues to bless all these other people who rave about it. I use a b.p. scrub in the shower and it works 50-60%, which is hardly a miracle. Maybe the trick with zinc soap/H&S is to only use it until it clears you up and then stop until the next breakout? I'm thinking of switching back to it to see if it will have the same effect one year later.

2 years ago I also found that using fish oil, in liquid form, helped clear my acne temporarily. But then, after 3 weeks, I started getting deep under-the-skin bumps on my lower back as a result, which was something new. I'm wondering what went on in my body to cause this. I'm also wondering if anyone has tried fish oil + olive oil at the same time and if this has helped at all. I remember reading somewhere that the two together are more powerful.

It seems like whenever something starts to work the acne finds a way around it. If anyone has any ideas about any of this I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for reading..

Yeah I know what you mean. Its been a long time since I had given up on the h&s/znp treatment. It cleared me like 85%, and would never get any better than that. It was very frustrating because I couldn't figure out why certain parts of my body would clear while others wouldn't. I thought skin was skin with the theory that if the left side of your back cleared then the right side would follow the same suit. But I guess at least with me it wasn't the case.

Seems the same for me, I can use one thing, and it will work great for a while, then start to lose effectiveness. Now, I have four things, two seem to work great aha, and h&s. bp and sa work just a little. I kinda have been hitting in waves of twos, maybe the acne never knows what is hitting it.

I guess logically, one major cause is bacteria. Whatever is killing it, or making undsireable conditions for it... the bacteria will eventually grow its numbers that are able to live in those conditions to cause acne again. If you have something you can switch in on occasion that you know works, maybe it will not as easily be able to keep on living in great numbers.

which reminds me... i need to get up off my ass, I have missed my regimen two days in a row... eek. I hate getting it better then not hitting the regimen as hard.

This seems to be the case with a lot of different regimens. If just someone could figure out why this is...

I think trainedmonkey is right. when you use anti bacterial soap, it will kill the germs and bacteria residing on you hand, but some will have the genes of immunity toward this soap, and eventualy it duplicates, making it no longer effective.