Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
surfa67

UHT milk and acne

I just had a brainstorm. I was trying to figure out when my daughters acne suddenly changed from being slight hormonal occasional (normal) pimples to full blown acne (now cystic).

Her acne started becoming worse after a holiday we took. There was UHT milk in the rented apartment. She doesn't like milk much, but loved the taste of the UHT milk. So me thinking well milk is good for your bones and she doesn't drink much I will buy this UHT milk for her. She was drinking atleast a glass a day and sometimes on a bowl of cereal as well.

This is about when the pimples started to progressively get worse. They have progressed to cystic acne now and she is devistated.

Could there be a link to UHT milk and acne?

I am at a loss to think what else may have caused it. Does anyone have any insight into this, or is it just me trying to blame it on something?

Please help if you hve any info at all

I just had a brainstorm. I was trying to figure out when my daughters acne suddenly changed from being slight hormonal occasional (normal) pimples to full blown acne (now cystic).

Her acne started becoming worse after a holiday we took. There was UHT milk in the rented apartment. She doesn't like milk much, but loved the taste of the UHT milk. So me thinking well milk is good for your bones and she doesn't drink much I will buy this UHT milk for her. She was drinking at least a glass a day and sometimes on a bowl of cereal as well.

This is about when the pimples started to progressively get worse. They have progressed to cystic acne now and she is devistated.

I am at a loss to think what else may have caused it. Does anyone have any insight into this, or is it just me trying to blame it on something?

Please help if you have any info at all

Her acne started becoming worse after a holiday we took. There was UHT milk in the rented apartment. She doesn't like milk much, but loved the taste of the UHT milk. So me thinking well milk is good for your bones and she doesn't drink much I will buy this UHT milk for her. She was drinking at least a glass a day and sometimes on a bowl of cereal as well.

The different posts are merged into one.

And, moving to nutrition and holistic health where you'll get more information.

what is UHT milk?

for me, any milk or dairy product causes acne. its the IGF hormone in milk that comes from the pregnant cow (increased due to pregnancy and possibly even more so if bovine growth hormone is used). i stopped drinking cow milk and eating dairy like ice cream, yogurt, etc. I cut dairy out completely and replaced it with soy. my acne has completely gone away. no pimples at all. none.

what is UHT milk?

for me, any milk or dairy product causes acne. its the IGF hormone in milk that comes from the pregnant cow (increased due to pregnancy and possibly even more so if bovine growth hormone is used). i stopped drinking cow milk and eating dairy like ice cream, yogurt, etc. I cut dairy out completely and replaced it with soy. my acne has completely gone away. no pimples at all. none.

how come dairy causes insulin spikes like bread despite the low GI? there almost no carbs in it.

tell your daughter to avoid dairy. make the soy transition and if she doesn't want to, then acne is something she'll have to put up with.

I wouldn't suggest soy as a replacement. That can mess with your hormones just as much--if not more--than regular milk.

I have no idea, but, I dont have any problem with milk after having it for about five years continuously. But, I stopped consuming milk recently and changed to soy, there is possible risk of osteoporosis linked to milk.