Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hdboy

Differn Journey [Oscion 3% Cleanser, Clindamycin phosphate lotion, Differin .01% Cream]

It's been almost a week on my new routine, and boy am I scared. First of all, I had pretty mild acne now that i think of it, just like any teen i guess. I wasn't having any of that, not me, so I went to the derm and got my products. I was instructed to use my Oscion 3% benzoyl peroxide cleanser AM and PM and follow with Clindamyicn lotion AM and PM. Then at night I'd use differin on my entire face.

Alright. It's been 6 days tomorrow monday 5/5/08. I feel like crap, because the stupid inflamation period is definitly happening right now. All the spots I thought were gone are popping back up huger than ever and I feel horrible. I don't want to show my face at school tomorrow. I always used to get comments on how fresh and clean my face looked. Then my hormones woke up sometime in november I guess and i havent felt completly at home in my skin since then. I HATE this so much I could cry. :wall::(

someone please help me. somthing. support. I hate this so much.

PLEASE SOMEONE READ THIS. PLEASE.

Its been a week tomorrow on the new routine. I got another huge inflamed pimple and a few other little pink bumps. I HATE this. I know im supposed to have an inflamed period, does anyone know how long it's supposed to last exactly?

PLEASE let me know

-h

The thing about skin is that it shows improvement very slowly. You are probably suffering from the IB, and there is no way to estimate how long it will last. According to the retinoid websites, they say that users should see improvement by 8 weeks, so your IB should be less than 8 weeks.

Nevertheless, not everyone's acne improves after using differin. If you don't have any improvement after 3 months, you should consider going to your derm and changing ur medication.

The thing about skin is that it shows improvement very slowly. You are probably suffering from the IB, and there is no way to estimate how long it will last. According to the retinoid websites, they say that users should see improvement by 8 weeks, so your IB should be less than 8 weeks.

Nevertheless, not everyone's acne improves after using differin. If you don't have any improvement after 3 months, you should consider going to your derm and changing ur medication.

well, i've been on clindamycin phosphate and differin .01% since the end of february and my skin is awesome now. so i say stick with it.

also, i went through a small IB period but noticed that it didn't bother me so much because the differin REALLY makes the spots heal super fast. i was even using the differin as sort of a spot treatment on the spots in the morning under my makeup and they would be healed in two days max. maybe try using it as a spot treatment in the am and full faced in pm?

good luck. :) its worth it!

well, i've been on clindamycin phosphate and differin .01% since the end of february and my skin is awesome now. so i say stick with it.

also, i went through a small IB period but noticed that it didn't bother me so much because the differin REALLY makes the spots heal super fast. i was even using the differin as sort of a spot treatment on the spots in the morning under my makeup and they would be healed in two days max. maybe try using it as a spot treatment in the am and full faced in pm?

good luck. :) its worth it!

unfortunately i know EXACTLY how you feel.

Im using differin and my face literally exploded. =\

ive been using it since the middle of April and im going to

be stopping it becasue im getting isolaz treatments =]

unfortunately i know EXACTLY how you feel.

Im using differin and my face literally exploded. =\

ive been using it since the middle of April and im going to

be stopping it becasue im getting isolaz treatments =]

I used the differin first and found that my breakouts got really bad at first and never truely went all the way away, I am now using 1% retin a and my face freaked out a bit the first week or so but looks AMAZING now ... totally worth it, and it was much cheaper than the differin!

I used the differin first and found that my breakouts got really bad at first and never truely went all the way away, I am now using 1% retin a and my face freaked out a bit the first week or so but looks AMAZING now ... totally worth it, and it was much cheaper than the differin!

UPDATE.

Its Monday and tomorrow will be the 2 week benchmark on my regimen. It's gotten worse, 2-4 more red bumps, and just tonight I found after washing there were NUMEROUS tiny red bumps on my jawline. Im freaked out. I was dry for like a day on differin then It went away and im really oily for some reason. has this happened to anyone? bah Im so pissed -.-

lsolaz treatments are an acne breakthrough i guess.

its a deep pore laser that sucks the dirt out of your pores!

look it up on google because there is soo much more information!

let me know what you think!

SA CONCEALING STICK

From clinique. I used it a while ago and it didnt dry my pimples at all but I liked that, and it says not to use SA while on differin so I was wondering if I should avoid using it??

alright..

Its been 4 weeks and two days on this regimen..

My IB is still going strong, but with littler pimples not huge red ANNOYING ones. Red marks caused from the IB from Differin have been reduced because I found out that if i wait like 15 min. after applying differn and i put another coat of clindamycin on it EXTREMLEY helps current pimples. I just got like 3 more pimples in the last two days.

wtf isnt the IB supposed to stop by now? Could It be the moisturizer im using? My mom is assuring me to use her Clinique gel becaise i have these amazingly annoying dry spots with pimples under them..

whatt the helll

someone please get back to me.

I too am in my fourth week of Differin .01 and my IB is too at its worst. My skin is more oily than ever and I even got the first cyst I've gotten in probably 3 or 4 years. My forehead bumps are about the same but pimples have sprouted up all over my cheeks and chin. It's very discouraging and is going to take a lot of resilience for me to go through with it considering it may not even work! Ugh!

Alright. Well this tuesday its 5 weeks. Im getting little red marks along my jawline and up my cheeks and I got a huge whitehead on my left cheek. Ive started spot treating after differin with 2.5% BP ..i dont know if thats bad or not but its making improvments.

Alright. Well this tuesday its 5 weeks. Im getting little red marks along my jawline and up my cheeks and I got a huge whitehead on my left cheek. Ive started spot treating after differin with 2.5% BP ..i dont know if thats bad or not but its making improvments.

Alrighty everyone

5 WEEK MARK ON DIFFERIN .01% CREAM.

I have to say, My face is pretty much clear..you know disreguarding the red marks the 2.5% BP made :surprised: haha..

Those will be gone wih some good ole' moisturizing. I have a few little blemishes. I'll keep you posted on those though. I feel so good right now. *knock on wood.

hdboy glad to see your making progress.

I am using differin0.1% gel for 3 weeks exactly as of today. I have combination skin with my nose(just the tip) being the most oily. However, I am thinking of changing to the cream version. How do you find the cream version of Differin? Some say its more moisturizing.

Do you need to exfoliate dead skin cells off your face still after 5 weeks of usage? I find in the hot shower dead skin comes off alot. I am hoping this will settle down soon.

And do you need to moisturize throughout the day and night?

hdboy glad to see your making progress.

I am using differin0.1% gel for 3 weeks exactly as of today. I have combination skin with my nose(just the tip) being the most oily. However, I am thinking of changing to the cream version. How do you find the cream version of Differin? Some say its more moisturizing.

Do you need to exfoliate dead skin cells off your face still after 5 weeks of usage? I find in the hot shower dead skin comes off alot. I am hoping this will settle down soon.

And do you need to moisturize throughout the day and night?

Thanks hdboy.

So your first applying moisturizer, then applying differin cream over the top?

Whats the cream feel like on your skin?

Thanks hdboy.

So your first applying moisturizer, then applying differin cream over the top?

Whats the cream feel like on your skin?

Cheers Hdboy.

I got the Differin cream today and usd some and yes it feels kind of greasy. Like it never soaks in. I hope that when I sleep and my face touches the pillow it doesnt rub off too much and the medication can do its work.

Petey also suggested to moisturize first. I too am just looking for a good moisturizer. I will try that Olay one I think.

thanks again.

Cheers Hdboy.

I got the Differin cream today and usd some and yes it feels kind of greasy. Like it never soaks in. I hope that when I sleep and my face touches the pillow it doesnt rub off too much and the medication can do its work.

Petey also suggested to moisturize first. I too am just looking for a good moisturizer. I will try that Olay one I think.

thanks again.