Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't wear sunscreen because it breaks me out really bad, but I read somewhere about powder sunscreen. I notice that my skin is getting damaged because I walk everyday to campus (about 5-10 minutes a day) but after a while those minutes add up and now I'm seeing a difference in my skin (darker marks etc) especially because I use AHA, salycylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide. Anyone tried the powdered sunscreen? What brand and do they work?? Thanks!

Everyday Minerals did a year or 2 ago (when I bought it) and found it fine!

I've never heard of this, but if it works, I'd love to give it a try! (All liquid sunscreens break me out horribly, no matter how "non comedogenic" they claim to be!)

Wow, did a google search for powdered sunscreens and a couple popped up, but they're super expensive!! :shock:

I don't know if you wear makeup, but Smoky Mountain Minerals makeup has natural spf 15 in it (so they claim). I use this makeup and it doesn't break me out at all. You could email and ask if the veil (which goes on clear) also contains the same sunscreen benefit as the foundations. I've always received speedy responses from this company when I've emailed questions. I believe the longest I've waited is 1 day.

http://www.smokymountainminerals.com/page/page/3771464.htm

I don't wear makeup anymore (stopped about 4 years ago) But I do occasionally wear mineral makeup for major events like weddings etc. The brand I have (bare escentuals) is not that great though. Maybe this should have been in the makeup message board . Thank you guys for the advice, I'll check it out!!