Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corey_Matthews

Finished 3rd course of accutane

so i just finished my 3rd course of accutane.

i took my first about 7 years ago

my second about 3 years ago

and this is the pattern that usually followed after taking accutane

1. my face is usually clear with some minimal pimples

2. with some very minor breakouts over some more time, i see my dermatologist and prescribes minocycline and other shitty topicals that never worked for me before (differin, finacea, etc

3. minocycline keeps me clear for a couple more years then i start to have severe acne again

whats a good follow up regimen to make sure it doesnt come back and i dont repeat this process!??

i just picked up some 1. st ives apricot scrub 2. clean & clear persa-gel 3. cetaphil mosturizer

if you've had acne for that long, id say theres some sort of underlying cause...try messing around with your diet. you could be allergic to something, for most people its high GI foods (sugary/starchy items) or diary that cause oily skin and breakouts. also drink lots of water to help keep your insides clean. good luck!

if you've had acne for that long, id say theres some sort of underlying cause...try messing around with your diet. you could be allergic to something, for most people its high GI foods (sugary/starchy items) or diary that cause oily skin and breakouts. also drink lots of water to help keep your insides clean. good luck!

im in the same boat is you basically. i will be finished my third course of accutane in two months. once im finished i plan to stop all products and use a water only regimen, but i will moisturize if my face gets dry.i will also keep supplementing with fish oil, zinc and all the other helpful supplements for acne. i have been perfectly clear for months now, so im hoping it will stay like this and my acne will be done with.