Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soul2quz

Has anyone done skin re-surfacing

My dad has been telling me look into laser treatments, or something that would help me my acne scars. I was at the mall a few days ago and saw pure med spa, and it looked really nice and professional. I looked it up online, and saw they actually had a variety of treatments for redness and scar treatments.

So I was basically wondering has anyone gotten any work done at pure med spa? Because I thought the fractional nonsurgical skin resurfacing looked interesting.

This is the description they provided :

"The Fractional Laser delivers a precise amount of light in an array of high precision microbeams. These microbeams create narrow, deep columns of tissue coagulation while sparing the surrounding tissue from damage.

The coagulated tissue within the columns initiates a natural healing process that accelerates the formation of new, healthy tissue. Coagulated cellular debris is expelled as the skin is resurfaced".

Pure Med Spa

So any info or reviews that you guys can provide would be wonderful.

Any suggestions or treatments you guys have tried for acne scarring that have worked for you?

THANKS.

I don't know about that personally.. but I did see a woman get it done on Extreme Makeover... and she had amazing skin afterwards lol.. not sure if that's any help or not :)

I don't know about that personally.. but I did see a woman get it done on Extreme Makeover... and she had amazing skin afterwards lol.. not sure if that's any help or not :)

Well it sure gives me something to think about, and a pro in my list. Thanks!

I went for a consultation at the med spa today. She thought it would be best for me to get 3 treatment of ALA, which releases amino acids and then i am exposed to light. This procedure is to kill any bacteria that I have left in my skin, since i recently just broke out after months. She did mention that this would cause some redness for 2-3 days and peeling (which is good). Saying breakouts could occur, which would diminish within 2 weeks, though the acne would be small.

Then she wanted me to do 3 treatments of skin resurfacing 1540, for my scars. She said results could wary, but since i had young skin I should get really good results. Shes seen people with 60-80%. She showed me some before and after pictures they had on file.

She gave me a 15% discount on both packages (separately).

The prices (before disc) ALA $1299 / After $1104.15 (3 treatments)

resurfacing: $2500 / $2125 (3 Treatments)

I haven't booked the appt yet, but if i want to get the discount rate I have to by Thursday. The only downer is that I did not get accepted for the payment plan, which is through a capital one credit card, with a 1.99% APR. I would need to get a co-sign, but since my parents have no credit, that ruled that out for me.

I only have 2 credit cards, one with 1800 and one with 800. As of right now they are pretty charged up, but i got a check back from my school for the scholarship money i didnt use. So that will clear it all up.

Do you think its worth it? I want to go through with it, but other than the before and after pictures I have nothing to go on. I mean I have been going to a derma for years now, and i've seen improvement, but hes done no laser treatments, and doesn't seem like hes going to.