Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smith316

mineral makeup & enlarged pores????

Hi, I have some enlarged pores and my liquid makeup doesn't cover these, it just goes down in my pores and makes them more visable. Does mineral makeup help cover enlarged pores? I am thinking of buying some to try.

Thanks

smith316

I have found that nothing really covers them up completely. Applying a good primer before the make up helps a lot. Smooths my skin a bit, but if you're close, you'll still see I have big pores. Monistat anti-chafing gel is a good primer and pretty cheap.

Hi,

I personally like the mineral make up. I have tried bare escentuals, Loreal, & Mary Kay.

My favorite actually is Loreal, because they offer a perfect match to my color. Although, I have problem skin, and I have been told that Loreal has talc in it, which it probably does and is contributing to my break outs??

Bare Escentuals is really good for your skin, it keeps mine from breaking out so much, I just cant handle having such wrong color!!!! I become orange easy.

Okay, but your question, about pores. I recently had dermabrasion and a couple of areas it does seem like I have a little bit larger pores, however, the mineral make up DOES do such a nice finish, almost a photo finish??

I use Loreal bare minerals foundation, & their concealer - because their color matches me. Then I use bare escentuals Mineral Finish - that stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had sooo many compliments when I finish with that!! I never leave home without it now.

Anyway, they sell Bare escentuals at Ulta - and if you don't like the color, they will let you trade it out!!

Also, CVS often has coupons, or Ulta too!! For the Loreal mineral make up, buy one get another free. Ex, buy foundation, get a concealer free.

Good luck, I hope it helps..

I got crater pores on my face. the only thing that makes it better is Tazorac, a good Primer like Smashbox and Blotting with a pressed powder. There's really no way to completely hide them.