Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started taking a few supps and I broke out.. This is what I am taking 320 mg saw palmetto, milk thistle, 25,000 iu vitamin a, 50 mg zinc... I think its the saw palmetto cause I have taking all these other vitamins and minerals before just in lower dosages and I was fine. Also the milk thistle is for liver support so I dont see how that would break me out. I stopped taking the saw palmetto two days ago hopefuly I will see improvement.

It's probably the saw palmetto. Some get decent results from it, some don't, for some it makes things worse. There may be an initial breakout upon starting a milk thistle regimen as it helps detox the liver. Not too sure on that though.

Yeah, it probably is the saw palmetto. If u drop it and still break out, next on the list would be milk thistle- although potentially beneficial, the way it works is because the liver sees it as a toxin like most herbs...it irritates the liver into working harder to cleanse itself of the herb along with whatever else is festering there. It may get stronger the same way say ur muscles grow if u work out. U damage them and this stress in turn causes them to heal stronger. That being said, some people have broken out from milk thistle including me.

Yeah, it probably is the saw palmetto. If u drop it and still break out, next on the list would be milk thistle- although potentially beneficial, the way it works is because the liver sees it as a toxin like most herbs...it irritates the liver into working harder to cleanse itself of the herb along with whatever else is festering there. It may get stronger the same way say ur muscles grow if u work out. U damage them and this stress in turn causes them to heal stronger. That being said, some people have broken out from milk thistle including me.

Hmm...how long would you say a milk thistle IB lasts?

Hmm...how long would you say a milk thistle IB lasts?

lol...good question. I'm certainly not qualified to say how long it would last or even if it is just an "initial" breakout and I honestly don't think anyone is. The only way to tell if it helps u is try it for urself. I've read several posts about m. thistle breaking people out but very few if any that it helped. If it doesn't break u out, but doesn't help either, it could be doing good in the long run. Try a search for old threads...