Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazian

Travelling on Accutane

Yo everybody~

I'm taking my yearly trip to Japan and I don't know how accutane works when your traveling.

My derm appointment is usually around the 15th, but I'll be in Japan from May 23rd to June 28th,

and I'll be skipping a few weeks of accutane. Can I ask my derm for extra accutane, or do I have to skip a few weeks?

Can you bring aquaphor/cetaphil on the airplane because of the gel/liquid concern?

What should I bring for my accutane survival kit?

Japan! Lucky you.

Yeah you will most likely have to skip a few weeks. I have no idea about airplanes. And just bring everything you would normally use where you are now.

Yo everybody~

I'm taking my yearly trip to Japan and I don't know how accutane works when your traveling.

My derm appointment is usually around the 15th, but I'll be in Japan from May 23rd to June 28th,

and I'll be skipping a few weeks of accutane. Can I ask my derm for extra accutane, or do I have to skip a few weeks?

Can you bring aquaphor/cetaphil on the airplane because of the gel/liquid concern?

What should I bring for my accutane survival kit?

Hey there! Im a flight attendant, so I know about your airplane concerns!

ANY container you bring in a carry-on bag that contains a liquid, cream or gel has to be in a 3oz, or less, container. You can have as many 3oz (or less) containers that you can fit in one quart sized plastic baggie. That's it. Anything else will be thrown away in the security line.

You can CHECK as much liquid or gel as you want.

So, if your Cetaphil or Aquaphor container is too big, just buy a couple little travel containers to put some in. Being in a airplane for that long is VERY dehydrating, you'll need it! Also, make sure you drink a little more water than you might normally for the same reason.

As for getting extra Accutane, I'm not on it but I've read about it pretty extensively. I know for women in America we have to be registered for the iPledge program and more than a 30 day supply is not allowed, as we have to have pregnancy tests every month before they will dispense it. I think guys have to do the iPledge thing as well, but you might not be limited in what you are dispensed. I don't think you have to wait and ask the derm, just call and ask the secretary at your Derm's office, they usually know stuff like that.

Hope all this helps! Have a great time in Japan!