Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
howling bells

dans moisturiser, breakouts?

hi everyone im on my 5th week of the regime and things were going ok up until a couple of days ago, i swtiched to using dans moisturiser and since that ive had about 7 or 8 spots come up in about 4 days. has anyone else experienced this using dans moisturiser? does switching somehting in the regime normally produce a breakout and should i just wait it out until my skin adapts or had anyone else had problems with the mosituriser?

well what did you use before?

i've only been on the regimen for a little over a week now...i use dan's moisturizer only at night with the full regimen and neutrogena moisturizer during the day.

i like dan's for night time and don't think using the two has been bad for my skin...i'm just experiencing stinging and a few new pimples...but i guess thats normal.

if breakouts continue maybe you should just go back to the previous one you were using.

i was using the eucerin 5% dry skin relief, which im continuing to use at night as i think it really helps dryness but dans is a much better base for make up so i really like using this one in the day. its just strange to be suddenly having a break out so soon after changing to it though as its non comedogenic i dont see how it can be the moisturisers fault? could it just be that ive disrupted the pattern of the regime and will it then settle down again soon? this is what im hoping!

tay5, hope your regime is coming along well, how are you finding everything?

well i'm only applying BP at night cuz i'm scared to use it during the day (don't want it showing through my makeup and when i sweat from walking around outside in hot/humid weather i don't want BP to stain my clothes, etc.)

...the first couple of days it worked great...but since then i have a few big pimples pop up ...today is my 11th day on the regimen with only night application. i'm slowly increasing the amount of BP i use...i'm at about half a pump right now and apply a spot treatment to the big ones :doubt:

i have little flakies all the time...it drives me crazy when applying makeup!! :wall:

hi everyone im on my 5th week of the regime and things were going ok up until a couple of days ago, i swtiched to using dans moisturiser and since that ive had about 7 or 8 spots come up in about 4 days. has anyone else experienced this using dans moisturiser? does switching somehting in the regime normally produce a breakout and should i just wait it out until my skin adapts or had anyone else had problems with the mosituriser?

Hi there, HB. Acne pimples can sometimes take awhile to surface, so they may have nothing to do with the moisturizer change. But as suggested, perhaps try going back to your old moisturizer and see if your skin improves. In the meantime, spot treat the new eruptions with extra BP (NOTS is my personal favorite for spot treating), or perhaps try spot treating with a little AHA if your skin has fully adjusted to the BP.

Don't lose hope. I'm sure it's just a temporary setback, and your skin will be back on track soon. :) I myself am dealing with some sudden bacne that emerged over the weekend. Just a few spots but boy do they hurt! :doh:

hey debra, sorry to hear about your set back, are you using the bp on your back as well as your face? from what i hear bacne is very stubborn so it'll probably take a little longer than your face to really see results. hope everythings alright with you anyway and you're still seeing brilliant results on your face!

i have now gone back to my initial moisturiser just to see if it'll calm down a bit but im hoping as you said this was residual acne that was surfacing before, i think ill give it a week or so then try dans again. ive been reading through some blogs and a lot of people seem to have breakouts around week 5 and im only just coming up to day 35 myself so ill just keep going on, ive been reading lots of success stories to keep myself optimisitc, im just really hopeful it'll be well on its way by 3 months as im going on holiday with my boyfriend and it'd be lovely to be feeling confident for that!

tay 5 i know what you mean about the flakes, ive worn make up the whole way so far and its a nightmare! definitely read up on some gentle exfoliation methods which may go some way to helping. ive also found taking a hot shower and applying moisturiser immediately after when your skin in not even fully dry helps to seal in moisture. make sure your applying lots of moisturiser and i promise it does settle down, in about a month your skin should be pretty well adjusted. good luck! its such a small price to pay for clear skin

Hi HB. No, not treating the bacne, just letting it run its course. There's only 3 spots, they do hurt, but I checked this morning and they're already starting to go down on their own. Never tried treating bacne, altho I know you can with BP. I'd be too worried about getting it on my clothes. Bacne's never beena huge problem for me, altho I do get flare-ups on occasion. Face is still doing great--no breakouts, thanks to the regimen. It's almost like the acne bacteria decided to find more fertile ground. :)

I used Dan's moisturizer before and it broke me out. Sadly, my skin just doesn't like it so I suggest to go back to your old moisturizer and see how that goes. Just reading about a big bottle of jojoba oil on sale sends shivers down my spine..LoL.

just wanted to correct this incase anyone does a search or something and this puts them off using it, i feel bad having slurred the good name of dans products! i tried dans moisturiser again and it made no different to the amount of acne i was getting therefore i cant blame the moisturiser at all, all in all its a good product though maybe not quite moisturising enough for me

there, i feel better now!