Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonbase

Shooot....

whatsup

i just had a 70mj level R1 treatment on about 90% of my face a few days ago. the other day i was taking a 2hr drive followed by a 20 min walk and I think my skin might have got a sun burn.. I put on sunscreen in the morning. Does anyone know what this means for my skin if this is indeed the case?

thanks

you put yourself at risk for increased hyperpigmentation. possibly permanent. i've read a lot about fraxel. an article sticks out in my mind where a doctor said she would see a lot of patients come back and say things like "but i was only out in the sun for a few hours" and "but i put sunblock on in the morning". she would scold them and say they really need to use a wide brim hat, high SPF and reapply every 2 hours, and stay out of the sun completely. that is spend no time outside other than from house to car, to office, to car, to home. no gardening, no weddings, no stuff like that. until one month after the last treatment, or however long it takes for your treatment redness/bronzing to go away completely and skin to return to normal.