Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaley

self consious without makeup on.

Alright, so I have done a pretty good job at clearing my acne. However I have red spots that will eventually fade left over. I wear makeup to cover them up.

I don't let anyone see me without makeup even myself at times. This is all a process for me. However my dad just made a comment to me about not having to be self consious arond him and my mom. I feel bad because I dont want them to think I'm going sucidial on them or anything LOL. Plus, summer is almost here which means swimming and no makeup. YIKES!

The feeling of not wearing any powder or foundation is AWESOME once you get over your self-consciousness. I usually just wear eye-make up and slap on some clear lip gloss or tinted lip balm. I have some blemishes but I just kind of ignore it until I get used to it.

Try it for a day with just around your parents. See how your skin feels & also how YOU feel period. GOOD LUCK.

I'm the same way, but not around the house. My family really couldn't care less, and it's good for your skin to go without it sometimes. If I'm just hanging out at home, it's pointless. However, if I need to step outside for any reason, the makeup goes on lol.

try to wear nothing but moisturizer when u can.. go bare and clean.. and get used ot it.. you'll be glad you did.

usually.. whatever u have.. itll look and feel better. more natural once u get use to having it, owning it.. and not hiding it..

trust me.. whatever ure going thru.. ive been thru it 10x worse..

keep pushing ureself to go bare.. and push yourself even more.. to make up for your insecurity.. by being extroverted and less self concious.. because it can become a habit..

i have this problem too. i don't mind so much my mom seeing me without make up, but when i'm around friends i get pretty self conscious, just because their skin (in my head at least) is in better shape than mine. i also get self conscious when i'm the only one wearing make up.

mom and pops will love you no matter what, and considering acne is in a lot of cases heredity, it's likely they've been through it too.

i used to have pretty bad cystic acne, and i would just cake on TONS of nasty orange liquid foundation. over the years i've been using less and less foundation. last year i made the switch to mineral make up, which in my opinion is better than liquid, and more sheer/naturalish. now i wear only a thin layer of powder and blush, and that seems to work pretty well. my skin isn't nearly as oily, and i actually feel better about myself. like bam, take it or leave it.

so gradually wear less make up, and hopefully someday soon you'll have the confidence to not wear any at all. that's my goal!

btw, swimming/no make up = eek!

Alright, so I have done a pretty good job at clearing my acne. However I have red spots that will eventually fade left over. I wear makeup to cover them up.

I don't let anyone see me without makeup even myself at times. This is all a process for me. However my dad just made a comment to me about not having to be self consious arond him and my mom. I feel bad because I dont want them to think I'm going sucidial on them or anything LOL. Plus, summer is almost here which means swimming and no makeup. YIKES!

Thanks.

I'm really in no position not to want to wear makeup. I don't wear all that much, just a little to cover up the spots. I don't wear foundation, which is good.

During the summer, I'm sure I will have more than enough time without makeup.

Swimming will run it all off in no time. Eek!

btw, how long do you think it will take for the red spots to fade? They aren't that bad. I think a lot of it is that my pores are developing a darker color, but they aren't blackheads! Yikes.

It does take time. It took me about a year of regularly skipping foundation before I got comfertable with it - now I'm so comfertable with it that wearing any kind of foundation feels like it's almost too much. I will occasionally spot cover when I have a nasty blemish of some sort, but for the most part, I skip foundation altogether these days.

I think in the beginning it's just about getting over the terror. If you can handle it for just a few days, the fear eases tremoundously!

-sigh-

Its a terror for me to go 2 minutes without putting concealer and powder over my red marks. I'm absolutely horrified of looking ugly. Like I mentioned before, I'm hoping its just a process I have to go through.

It is just a process, that's all. Scary and initially horrifying, but once you get passed it, you'll wonder what the big deal was. I promise!

I want to do it so bad. Ugh.

I'm so proud of how clear i've been. Only a few bumps here and there. No major pussy nasty ones! -sigh- i'll probably breakout in one tomorrow. Haha.

It's just when I get a big pussy one I pick and pick! I'm trying to control myself! Its leaving behind red marks.

I also have blackheads right under my nose that are leaving a purplish-red shadow! RAWR.

If they were gone I'd be happy.