Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
letdown__x

So I just took my first vitamins!

I took 2 fish capsules (Natures Made 1200mg) and 2 vitamin E capsules (400iu).

What should I expect? I've read a lot of topics about each capsule and the benefits of taking each and did a lot of research before I decided to take them. But I just had a few questions ..

1. Did I take the right amount of each vitamin? Or does it go by weight? I didn't really find any info on it. I'm 5'0'' and about 95lbs and 18, if that helps. On the back of the bottles it says 1-2 capsules twice a day, so I guess I'm okay?

2. What benefits have you guys who take either (or both) witnessed?

3. How can I mask the taste of the fish pills!? I put them in the freezer, but yuck. I think I'm still getting fish burps. LOL And I know it says to take with/after a meal, but does it have to be a fatty meal? (or can it be like mac & cheese?)

Hope someone can help me! Thanks a lot :]

Can't answer all of those questions.. but I do take fish oil regularly. You can get ones that are coated so you don't taste it, and don't get the fish burp. Might cost a little more, but worth it if you ask me. I wouldn't expect some crazy dramatic results. They help reduce inflamation and stuff, but it's not some huge difference for me. But hey, I'll take any help I can get.. plus they're good for your overall health.

Can't answer all of those questions.. but I do take fish oil regularly. You can get ones that are coated so you don't taste it, and don't get the fish burp. Might cost a little more, but worth it if you ask me. I wouldn't expect some crazy dramatic results. They help reduce inflamation and stuff, but it's not some huge difference for me. But hey, I'll take any help I can get.. plus they're good for your overall health.

You'll need more than 2 capsules of fish oil.

I'm assuming that each capsule has 300 mg of omega-3? If so you'll want to take at least 8 of them. (I used to take 15 every day for quite a while to good effect.)

And congratulations on your start to holistic health!

You only need 400 i.u of vitamin E a day. :) More is not better in this case. But with fish oil, you will need more than 2 a day. If each has 300 mg of DHA and EPA, then yes you need more. Between 2 to 3 grams.

Also it will take weeks to show difference, don't expect it too soon or get too impatient. Skin changes are slow

You only need 400 i.u of vitamin E a day. :) More is not better in this case. But with fish oil, you will need more than 2 a day. If each has 300 mg of DHA and EPA, then yes you need more. Between 2 to 3 grams.

Also it will take weeks to show difference, don't expect it too soon or get too impatient. Skin changes are slow

Hmm, I just added fish oil to my supplement routine today and was planning on taking 2 capsules a day as recommended on the bottle. They are 1000mg capsules with 18% EPA and 12% DHA, which puts it at 300mg. If I need 2-3 grams daily, that puts me at 7-10 capsules a day. Seems like a lot compared to the two I was planning on taking. :think:

Hmm, I just added fish oil to my supplement routine today and was planning on taking 2 capsules a day as recommended on the bottle. They are 1000mg capsules with 18% EPA and 12% DHA, which puts it at 300mg. If I need 2-3 grams daily, that puts me at 7-10 capsules a day. Seems like a lot compared to the two I was planning on taking. :think:

Recommended dose is not based on anything =). Remember, you are taking them for specific purposes, hence the recommendation goes out the window. And yes, 2 to 3 grams is ideal :)

nothing much, the amount of omega oil in each capsule is minimal, even then, i have never heard of someone 'feeling' the benefits of vitamin supplementation

nothing much, the amount of omega oil in each capsule is minimal, even then, i have never heard of someone 'feeling' the benefits of vitamin supplementation