Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SymphonyX

Please respond for people that used Klaron/Clindamycin

alright, my derm said that it would bring out the redness of the acne and the bad skin, and work good on red marks, and it seems to cleared up a little bit in the past week since i started...but its like all balling up into 1 huge massive red pimple, is this a good sign? and on the other side the redness went down, but more whiteheads are popping up like crazy....i dont know what to think, my skin just sucks. im also on minocycline too....how exactly does the antibiotics work..? do they take away the pimples currently on your face....or do they prevent the breakouts from happening currently, this may sound stupid, but i just need to know some info. thanks.

I am guessing that this is your first go around...if you have never been on acne meds before you should know, it gets worse before it gets better. You are probably going to get worse for the next couple of weeks. It really sucks but this is the way it works. Do not let yourself get discouraged. Also, know that most people have to try more than once to get the correct combo of drugs that work for that person. Best of luck!

Well the minocin prevents not really clears up, as I found when I took it. It didn't really work for me though on the two months that I was on it at least. Now im on accutane, and this really is a miracle drug, except for the side-effects of course. As for the clyndamycin I currently take the lotion (one step above the gel and a few steps below the cream or whatever), but I just take it as I need lotion to use w/ accutane. I don't really know if its working, but I'm on week 7 of my accutane, and I love them both. I only Have like 1 pimple compared to the 10+ i would normally have.

well its been 2 1/2 weeks, on these meds, and still nothing yet....this is so depressing and frustrating at the same time, i need to do something to occopy my time and not think sooo much about if its gonna work....man im so pathetic