Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koska

What do you do after a breakout?

I usually don't get so many breakouts since I found a regimen that worked for me (BP Wash Gel + soothing moisturizer), but when I do, I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

My breakouts usually begin with small whiteheads, which I can see for example on the evening that they're gonna get big. They've really settled. So when I wake up in the morning, the whitehead is even bigger. Then if I manage to irritate the breakout, it turns red (infecting?) around the whitehead. Sometimes it also shows up additional whiteheads in that red area.

What am I supposed to do? I've tried different products to stop prevent the whitehead to fill up and become even bigger. I've also tried products to calm down the red infection.

My conclusion is therefore; that I might better not do anything at all and just leave it there until it naturally disappears?

What's your opinion?

IMHO - treat it. Apply additional BP to the spot at night. What do you mean by "irritating the spot"?

IMHO - treat it. Apply additional BP to the spot at night. What do you mean by "irritating the spot"?

The clinical data indicates that 2.5% BP is just as effective as higher concentrations, but without the side effects.

Maybe it's a cyst.

im thinking about this as well. after 2 years of bp treatment and constant application of chemicals on my face my face started to break out like never before (I've been 99.9% clear that entire 2 years).

I think my skin finally started to get tired of all the harshness.

I mean, how do you treat whiteheads that has already appeared and just grows bigger? Since they haven't broke through the surface of the skin, how should you be able to kill bacteria etc. for something you can't reach?

To 'treat" acne for me is to prevent it from happening. When it happens there's not much to do. I've found a regimen that works good to prevent acne, but of course, I still get some breakouts now and then. Some of them grows to pretty big breakouts and I haven't still found a way to minimize their growth or have them removed quicker.

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I've just had a enormous breakout due to the acne getting-used to my antibiotics and now I have loads of seepy red marks. Obviously I was stupid and overtreated and so everything peeled in that horrible way...

Another thing: If the spot breaks up it will leave an open wound (and probably be infected so it turns into a big red wound). Is it really good to put benzoyl perxoide cream in/on there?

I wrap some up in paper towel and hold it there for about five minutes. It kinda hurts after a while, and it goes really red, but in an hour you can see improvements with the inflammation. :)

I wrap some up in paper towel and hold it there for about five minutes. It kinda hurts after a while, and it goes really red, but in an hour you can see improvements with the inflammation. :)

You mean that you squeeze them out?

Noo. I might use a needle to get out the pus after the ice has brought the pimple to a head, but its best to wait till the head has gotten as big as you think it's gonna get.

And then maybe put some clindamycin gel on the pimple, that works for me...except I think I've become immune to it, which sucks.

Noo. I might use a needle to get out the pus after the ice has brought the pimple to a head, but its best to wait till the head has gotten as big as you think it's gonna get.

And then maybe put some clindamycin gel on the pimple, that works for me...except I think I've become immune to it, which sucks.

I usually don't get so many breakouts since I found a regimen that worked for me (BP Wash Gel + soothing moisturizer), but when I do, I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

My breakouts usually begin with small whiteheads, which I can see for example on the evening that they're gonna get big. They've really settled. So when I wake up in the morning, the whitehead is even bigger. Then if I manage to irritate the breakout, it turns red (infecting?) around the whitehead. Sometimes it also shows up additional whiteheads in that red area.

What am I supposed to do? I've tried different products to stop prevent the whitehead to fill up and become even bigger. I've also tried products to calm down the red infection.

My conclusion is therefore; that I might better not do anything at all and just leave it there until it naturally disappears?

What's your opinion?

Definetly treat that break out with Bp- You can try iceing it down first, that seems to help me, but don't NOT do anything. Meaning (yes) do something LOL.