Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Ryzhkov

carrot juice

Guest Ryzhkov

Hello:

My name is Ryan and I'd like to pass on a few words about my experience with back acne. I'll keep this brief: my back zits were unaffected by antibiotics, and so I asked my doctor if she could refer me to another doctor who might offer fresh perspective. She did. This new doctor recommended I drastically reduce the amount of pasta and other starches in my diet, and dramatically increase my dietary intake of vitamin A. And I did, and in about a month's time my back acne started to disappear. Most markets sell carrot juice, which is great way of getting a mega does of vitamin A. Give it a try for a month.

It's funny, we've all grown up hearing that acne isn't the result of what we eat. Maybe this idea is incorrect. It seems to be for me.

Later.

Hello:

My name is Ryan and I'd like to pass on a few words about my experience with back acne. I'll keep this brief: my back zits were unaffected by antibiotics, and so I asked my doctor if she could refer me to another doctor who might offer fresh perspective. She did. This new doctor recommended I drastically reduce the amount of pasta and other starches in my diet, and dramatically increase my dietary intake of vitamin A. And I did, and in about a month's time my back acne started to disappear. Most markets sell carrot juice, which is great way of getting a mega does of vitamin A. Give it a try for a month.

It's funny, we've all grown up hearing that acne isn't the result of what we eat. Maybe this idea is incorrect. It seems to be for me.

Later.

Taking an supplement of Vitamin A might not be that drastically fresh perspective, but the knowledge of reducing starches in your diet seems to become more and more usual in health advice. Which food have you cut down on?

Guest Ryzhkov
Hrmm maybe I need to cut back on the EasyMacs...

Anyway just be mindful of vitamin A toxicity

Two points: it's not about taking vitamin A 'supplements'. It's about eating properly, and being mindful of what you eat. I suggest carrot juice because it is very high in vitamin A, and drinking it is as easy way of introducing vitamin A to the body. If you are taking vitamins in pill form, but eating poorly and excessively, then you are simply fooling yourself. And as for the ill affects which can come from taking too much vitamin A, you're right. The idea is to introduce vitamin A to the body through food at a good level, not to overdose on vitamin A. My back acne began to decrease in about a month's time, not over night.

Later

Guest Ryzhkov
Hello:

Later.

Taking an supplement of Vitamin A might not be that drastically fresh perspective, but the knowledge of reducing starches in your diet seems to become more and more usual in health advice. Which food have you cut down on?

I cut down on pasta for the first month. In fact, I omitted it from my diet altogether. And when I re-introduced it to my diet, I reduced my portion size, which was hard for me, because I love pasta. It wasn't about losing weight, I've a quick metabolism, it was moderating my intake of starch or whatever is in pasta which contributes to zits. This required me to become more creative in the kitchen.

Guest Ryzhkov
Hello:

Later.

I cut down on pasta for the first month. In fact, I omitted it from my diet altogether. And when I re-introduced it to my diet, I reduced my portion size, which was hard for me, because I love pasta. It wasn't about losing weight, I've a quick metabolism, it was moderating my intake of starch or whatever is in pasta which contributes to zits. This required me to become more creative in the kitchen.

One more thing. Don't cheat. Buy pure carrot juice, not the sweetened mixtures. Carrot juice doesn't taste that bad.