Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baby pink

question on duac and differin?

I've been prescribed both for moderate/severe persistent acne. Both of them say to APPLY AT NIGHT. Obviously I want to ease into it, but should I be applying them together? Or maybe trading off every night? Or does one work well in the morning?

Thanks!

I use Differin and Duac as well.

I was told by my derm to apply Duac twice a day. And that I should go easy on the Differin at first because it can be a bit harsh. My derm told me to apply the Differin every other night until I grew accustom to it.

In the morning, I always use Duac.

I use either Duac or Differin at night. I do not mix them. I have very sensitive skin, so I don't think I ever will mix them.

I wash my face, and pat dry VERY gently. (this makes a unbelievable difference in redness for me, I do NOT wipe or rub dry)

I apply whatever topical I'm using. After the topical dries, usually a few minutes, I apply a moisturizer with SPF.

I use Differin and Duac as well.

I was told by my derm to apply Duac twice a day. And that I should go easy on the Differin at first because it can be a bit harsh. My derm told me to apply the Differin every other night until I grew accustom to it.

In the morning, I always use Duac.

I use either Duac or Differin at night. I do not mix them. I have very sensitive skin, so I don't think I ever will mix them.

I wash my face, and pat dry VERY gently. (this makes a unbelievable difference in redness for me, I do NOT wipe or rub dry)

I apply whatever topical I'm using. After the topical dries, usually a few minutes, I apply a moisturizer with SPF.

thanks. I have TOTALLY sensitive skin too! Since I was instructed to use them just at night, I'll try trading them back and forth at night for awhile and work up to being able to apply duac in the morning. Right now my face is really dry from just a couple days of duac so it may take some time!

i'm finding i'm getting a lot of blackheads and my skin is getting more oily... my skin was neutral before (oil-wise).. i seem to have smaller pimples but the blackheads are COVERING my face. did anyone else have this too?