Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
+never-mind+

i cant get my makeup off

ergg ... I hate my skin... its always so dry with so much dead skin plastered down... no matter what i do i can nooot get it to be smooth without dead skin. i moisturise, but it only makes the dead skin stick on to my face, even when i dont wear makeup or put anything on my face for weeks i always get a build up of dead skin, which makes it soo hard to apply sunscreen/makeup ect. ive tried using emu oil and masauging in a circular motion with water... that helps a bit.. but its like i have to scrape my face off to get rid of all the dead skin, and that irritates the crap out of it.... whenever i wear makeup it always flakes and looks really dry and gross... even when i put lots of moisturiser on before... and when i try to take my makeup off it always sticks to the dead skin and is like plastered down... i cant get it off without scraping and destroying my face... anyone have any suggestions!?????? a really GENTLE way to exholiate? i have extremely sensitive redness prone skin. Im thinking of trying everyday mineral makeup... i use cory cosmetics now.. and i hate the way the makeup cakes and flakes on me... i need someway to remove this dead skin without irritating my face.

any help is most welcome :):):)

thankyouuuu!!!!

I recommend prescriptives better off. You can buy it at nordstrom. Its kind of pricey though but it really works. I too have sensitive acne prone skin. What you do is you apply it to your face and then you gently rub it off with a tissue. Afterwards, you wash your face with your cleanser and water like you usually do :)

This is my favorite way to deal with severe flaking:

I don't know if you use any medications on your face, but if you do, stop using them for a couple of days. I just mean topicals, no oral medication.

When you are getting ready for bed, moisturize your face with your regular moisturizer. (What do you use, if I may ask?) On TOP of this, SLATHER on either Aquaphor or Vaseline. They're both basically the same product (petrolatum), which is noncomedogenic and gentle. It will feel gross, because it won't sink in, but trust me, it is worth it. Sleep in this. Put a towel over your pillow if you must.

In the morning, your face shouldn't feel as greasy, mostly because a lot of the product will have rubbed off in the night. Wash your face like you usually do, massaging in small circles to start working away the dead skin. After you've washed it, you will probably still have a lot of dead/flaky skin. Now. Take some aspirin (uncoated if possible, but if you only have coated, which is likely, you can wash off the coating with water), crush it up...this will make a very fine grained paste when you add a couple of drops of water to it. Scrub your face with this. I know you've said you have sensitive skin, but the aspirin will actually help reduce inflammation, and if you're gentle enough, shouldn't irritate your face with the scrubbing. Rinse, repeat if necessary, and then follow up with your regular moisturizer.

In fact, if you have really sensitive, red skin, I would recommend using an aspirin mask on a regular basis. Follow the above instructions concerning aspirin, but leave it on your face for at least 15 minutes. It will really help reduce swelling and redness, and when you rinse it off, it will gently exfoliate.

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

thanks!!! ... i'll definatly look into ur suggestions... ive been reading a lot about the asprin mask.. it sounds pretty good!! ... i used to use vaseline at night... it worked so good, my skin was so smooth the next day, but now for some reason it seems to irrite my skin... makes it all red and i get a rash from it :(

acne battle... that cleanser you recommened looks really good too... i just dont know if they have it here in canada... we dont have nordstrom, maybe i can get it at walmart or sumthing

i was also thinking of trying oatmeal to gently exfoilate... i dunno how i would use it tho.. gotta do more reserch

headtrip honey, i use cetaphil lotion to moisturise, ive heard the cream is better tho... i may look into that as well

thanks for ur suggestions.. if u have any more ideas let me kno!

:)

have you ever tried the baby brush method? i just bought one so i'm going to give it a try. i heard it works pretty good. i'll keep you posted.

makeup is definitely frustrating for me! i have to choose between red, pimply skin and no makeup or semi-normal colored yet flaky makeup skin. not a fan of either option!

when i put makeup on, it looks like it's just sitting on top of the skin in a chunky layer.. like you can literally SEE that it's on top. i hatttttte it!!! the point of makeup, for me, is to make it look like i'm not wearing any... not this crazy looking makeup face. ergg

rant over :rolleyes:

thanks!!! ... i'll definatly look into ur suggestions... ive been reading a lot about the asprin mask.. it sounds pretty good!! ... i used to use vaseline at night... it worked so good, my skin was so smooth the next day, but now for some reason it seems to irrite my skin... makes it all red and i get a rash from it :(

acne battle... that cleanser you recommened looks really good too... i just dont know if they have it here in canada... we dont have nordstrom, maybe i can get it at walmart or sumthing

i was also thinking of trying oatmeal to gently exfoilate... i dunno how i would use it tho.. gotta do more reserch

headtrip honey, i use cetaphil lotion to moisturise, ive heard the cream is better tho... i may look into that as well

thanks for ur suggestions.. if u have any more ideas let me kno!

:)

I like the baby's hair brush method. I can only use it once a week because my face is very sensitive and before I start, I soak the brush in hot water for a couple minutes to soften the bristles to make it extra gentle.

here's something that works for me..... take some jojoba oil (about 15 drops) and gently massage it all around your face for a few minutes, really working it into your dry areas. this should loosen up the flakes and allow them to wash off with your cleanser. i've also done this with mac's cleanse off oil and johnson & johnson baby oil, both with success. mac is kind of expensive, and baby oil is a bit oily for me, so i just started using the jojoba oil and like it. good luck!

A baby's hair brush works great for me; I just use it with my normal cleanser and all makeup comes right off. Then again, I never use much makeup...so I don't know if my experience would be helpful. headtrip_honey's ideas are great, too, the aspirin mask and of course, my favorite skin pampering treat: vaseline petrolatum jelly. :D

Another thing to consider is incorporation of a gentle chemical exfoliant toner into your daily or every other day regimen. I like 10% glycolic acid myself; others like salicylic acid, some like mandelic acid. Glycolic acid and other AHAs and BHA help deglue the outer, dead layers of skin from the underlying layers so that during normal cleansing, those dead layers come off more easily. Those products do tend to give one a glow. I call mine a glycolic glow. :D

thanks guys!! now i have lots of things to try... i definatly think that baby brush method sounds good as well!!

hopefully something will work!

thanks again:)