Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmt21

Mineral Make-up

So i was wondering if anybody has used mineral make-up and which ones you have found to be the best? I ordered sheer cover online and i am hopeing it will cover red spots and breakouts

I started using bare minerals about two months ago...and it's amazing!! I don't think I'll ever go back to any other kind of makeup. It hides everything and looks like i barely have any thing on. I've never heard anything bad about. You should try it! You can buy this starter kit that has all the stuff you need to get started, and there is this cd you can watch to teach you how to use it!

Ok, so here's the list of minerals I have tried: Bare Essentuals (like Sheer Cover this contains Bismuth, which causes some people to itch, but not me), Mineral Basics, Everyday Minerals, Aubrey Nicole, and Joppa.

BE - I liked the coverage and look, but it melted off by late afternoon

Mineral Basics - great coverage, but I couldn't find a good color match and it didn't last as long as I'd like - but I keep returning to this one when disappointed by others

Everyday Minerals (the favorite of acne.org) - did not provide the coverage I was looking for, seemed very ordinary

Aubrey Nicole - don't remember, so it must not have been great

Joppa - just started using this one, so far so good. Good coverage, love their brushes. We'll see how it stands up in the heat

So many people here love Everyday Minerals (check out the Everyday Minerals Cult board, lol)

You can order a free sample set with a few colors, and you just have to pay about $5 for shipping! I ordered one today :)

The good:

Lilylolo (UK): Great shades. Good coverage. Melts into my skin well and lasts.

Melange (US): Heavier coverage. Does a great one for acne sufferers. Lasts most of the day wihout reapplication.

The bad:

Everyday Minerals (US): Coverage so-so. Slid off my face very quickly and made my face look really shiny. Disappointing and over-hyped.

Meow (US): Extremely chalky, making me look about 40 :( Poor coverage and didn't last more than an hour. Fair shades seem very grey. The worst I've tried.

I use Smoky Mountain Minerals.. It works really well with my skin.. It has a very smooth coverage and it feels really light... their Emu Oil is also work good on my acne.. it dry my acne without drying my skin. Their price is cheaper compare to BE... you can also buy it on Ebay.. it's even cheaper there :)

^ Same here. Smoky Mountain Minerals are simple and nice. I considered trying others, but get lost in all of the color choices.

iredale hands down. it is the ONLY one that keeps the oil down, and looks best. and they have my color (freakish pale). it's pricey, but you can get it online for cheaper, well worth it

I have Jane Iredale pure pressed minerals powder. But my face is still dead shiney, should i also get the Jane Iredale pure matte finish? Or maybe the Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer? Or can anyone recommend anything else? Also, do you put it on before or after the powder??

Oh also! where can you buy it online?

thanks! x

I have Jane Iredale pure pressed minerals powder. But my face is still dead shiney, should i also get the Jane Iredale pure matte finish? Or maybe the Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer? Or can anyone recommend anything else? Also, do you put it on before or after the powder??

Oh also! where can you buy it online?

thanks! x

Many many ladies believe so. It's not for everyone, but for lots of us, it's amazing.

I would say that the most common reason is to use a product that has the fewest possible ingredients, no fillers, and NO TALC. Talc irritates a lot of people's skin.

Really, it depends on your skin type and how your skin reacts to makeup. If non-mineral makeup works just well for you, then there's really no reason to change. However, you might find that there are other reasons you like mineral makeup, like the coverage and the feel.

I would recommend Afterglow cosmetics mineral makeup because it doesn't have Bismuth oxychloride in it which causes mild to severe cystic acne and as a plus it isn't tested on animals.

Many many ladies believe so. It's not for everyone, but for lots of us, it's amazing.

I would say that the most common reason is to use a product that has the fewest possible ingredients, no fillers, and NO TALC. Talc irritates a lot of people's skin.

Really, it depends on your skin type and how your skin reacts to makeup. If non-mineral makeup works just well for you, then there's really no reason to change. However, you might find that there are other reasons you like mineral makeup, like the coverage and the feel.

Thanks! Also, is it recommended for people who are still having trouble with acne and on Accutane?

I'm attending a wedding in two weeks and I really don't want to show up with horrible skin.

Thanks, Faydra! :)

I just ordered a sample kit from Everyday Minerals yesterday. I hope it works out. My skin hasn't flaked yet but the lips around my skin are starting to dry. It is still manageable with a little dab of moisturizer.

Ive only used three different mineral make ups. Physician formula I think broke me out, EMs made a mess and rubbed off my face within two seconds of putting it on and it was just an aweful experience, and now Im using Bare Escentuals starting today again. A lot of people here dislike BE and a lot of people here like it also so its worth maybe a shot; thast if you want to try it

Thanks everyone! I tried the sample from Everyday Minerals this weekend. And I've never been happier with makeup before. It's the best I've ever tried. It made it look like I had flawless skin. It was unbelievable. You gotta try it to believe it (but I guess like everything else, it doesn't work for everyone). I wore it all day (busy weekend). It stayed on, didn't break me out, and it felt so light. I guess some of you already know that. I'm just raving.

I've tried some other mineral makeup just the weekend before last. And that one broke me out real bad and I looked like a dead girl walking around. It was L'Oreal mineral makeup. After that, I thought mineral makeup is just another hype. But EM changed my opinion.

I'm glad it worked for you, and in your first sample, too! It took me two tries to get the perfect color for me; mine is olive fair in summer and light olive mixed with olive fair in winter. I like Best Friends and Apple Blush. I also bought the small eyeshadow sampler kit and those colors are fantastic!

Thanks everyone! I tried the sample from Everyday Minerals this weekend. And I've never been happier with makeup before. It's the best I've ever tried. It made it look like I had flawless skin. It was unbelievable. You gotta try it to believe it (but I guess like everything else, it doesn't work for everyone). I wore it all day (busy weekend). It stayed on, didn't break me out, and it felt so light. I guess some of you already know that. I'm just raving.

I've tried some other mineral makeup just the weekend before last. And that one broke me out real bad and I looked like a dead girl walking around. It was L'Oreal mineral makeup. After that, I thought mineral makeup is just another hype. But EM changed my opinion.

I would recommend Afterglow cosmetics mineral makeup because it doesn't have Bismuth oxychloride in it which causes mild to severe cystic acne and as a plus it isn't tested on animals.