Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAmore

Off the regime for a month, skin is still red.

I've used DKR and his products for about 5 months. I then stopped and just used Emu Oil and aveeno ultra calming lotion for 2 weeks, but then I got some acne on my chin and under my nose and so I use BP for around my mouth but nowhere else. So now it's been about a month in total and my face is still red on all the areas I used BP. You can see the lines where I didn't use BP, like around my eyes and going down my jawline under my sideburns.

How long might it take until I get my natural skin back? Do I need to see a dermatologist?

I have/had the same problem. Your skin takes about a month to shed its top layer. So if it was deep damage, ie basail layer, then it might take awhile to repair itself. In the mean time I'd advice using glycolic acid to speed the process up and even skin tone along with an spf of at least 15 in the mornings to prevent further reddening. You might continue to use your emu oil and moisturizer at night and you should be on your way to a reduction in the irritation that you had.