Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nd95

oil cleansing method question

so ive been looking up oil cleansing methods and i was wondering where do you get castor oil and sunflower seed oil? market or sumthing? and can jojoba oil be used instead of castor oil or sunflower seed oil?

You CAN find castor oil in the laxative section of a drugstore, although cold pressed castor oil is better for your skin from what ive read. I dont think you can replace castor oil as thats the main ingredient to drawing out the dirt on your face. You can mix all 3 tho, like 50% castor 25% sunflower and 25% jojoba. Or 50/50 castor/jojoba if u wanna cut out the sunflower.

Hope i helped.

i never tried sunflower oil, but i do use a combo of castor & jojoba - purchased from my local health food store

just know that each oil has a different cleaning/moisturizing quality

meaning, for example, i cannot use a straight 50/50 mix of castor and jojoba - the castor oil is too harsh

so i use more of a 25% castor / 75% jojoba mix

if you add sunflower to the mix, i would imagine that would have its own qualities that you would have to account for too

but for me, i having figured out the best mix for my skin, i really, really like the OCM

good luck