Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xkatiex

Does Accutane mess with your periods?!

So basically my period is a day late, I ALWAYS get it on a Friday night, Its now Saturday afternoon and I'm starting to panic a bit!! Im on the pill and me and my boyfriend have been using condoms so I really cant see me being pregnant, plus, I just took a test and it was negative?I have another one so Ill take it later to double check. So does Accutane mess with your cycle? What do I do if it hasn't arrived before its time to start my first pill of the next pack?Should I stop taking my Accutane pills?!! I so dont know what to do!!

I've heard of women on here saying Accutane DID mess with their periods. I wouldn't worry to much about you being pregnant since you are being really safe about it. I would say keep taking your pills, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Is this your first month on Accutane?

Thanks for your replies.

casey23, yes this is my first month, just finished my first week of taking it actually. Its just freaked me out because Im never late, not since Ive been on the pill anyway! I think I'll leave it a couple of days then take the 2nd test and if thats still negative then I'll make an appointment with my doc. Nothing went wrong condom wise and I haven't fogotten to take any of my pills so Im pretty positive I cant be pregnant but theres always that little niggling doubt in the back of your mind, what if. Wait and see I guess!

Thanks for your replies.

casey23, yes this is my first month, just finished my first week of taking it actually. Its just freaked me out because Im never late, not since Ive been on the pill anyway! I think I'll leave it a couple of days then take the 2nd test and if thats still negative then I'll make an appointment with my doc. Nothing went wrong condom wise and I haven't fogotten to take any of my pills so Im pretty positive I cant be pregnant but theres always that little niggling doubt in the back of your mind, what if. Wait and see I guess!

Yeah I really don't think you are pregnant. And with you stressing it might actually be the reason you are late.