Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's what iit's all about - the magic pill.

Just $54.99 and your acne gets cured, doesn't matter that you have bad sleep, stress, you are overweight and you don't exercise, and your food is mainly McD and a lot of sugar.

Veggies, fruits, meat, fish? Noope.

And it's not just with acne, it's everything - 30 days ab program, suuuure, your big belly will just disappear.

15 day fat burner advertised in your fitness magazine - sure, you'll be Brad Pitt in 15 days, no prob.

And that's why people beg their dermatologists for Accutane, (you know it's bad for you right?) cause it's a magic pill, acne stops, but the minute you're off Acutane its back on.

And I tend to see a lot of people going off stuff around here - one week ACV, one week a lot of taurine, one week exercising.

Well, it's a complex thing. With me personally, I stopped my bad food patterns, started drinking a lot of water, added omega-3, exercising, good sleep, but still I didn't see some great results. I added a lot of vitamins and more importantly, Zinc, which helped me a lot.

Did I stop exercising and eating right after I discovered great results with Zinc? No.

And it's not an overnight thing. People want to put some shit on their face and the morning it'll be gone. Well, it doesn't work that way.

That's what I wanted to share with you guys.

Good luck.

Well, no I don't think it was useless or patronizing. I agree that here, too many people expect a magic bullet...well the truth is there just isn't one, and therefore it is necessary to change one's entire lifestyle, adding things to the "toolbox" and sticking with it for quite some time.

After all, even Accutane doesn't work overnight...it takes months, anywhere from 3 to 6 months or more...so people really should not think of the holistic approach as a quick fix...it's not. On the plus side, that means that once the imbalances are fixed and maintained, there is no chance of falling back, as there is with even Accutane.

So no, zinc probably won't cure any one's acne, nor will cod liver oil, or ACV....but combined with everything that we've learned here and everything that you know works for you (including diet, sleep, lifestyle, etc), along with PATIENCE, you will see positive results.

pgx actually was a magic pill for me so i'm pretty sure this thread is flawed in every sense of the word.

excellent post, imo. Gotta put it in perspective. Switching from ACV to Cinnamon to Dim to Taurine to Honey to Chromium to Alpha Lipoic Acid to Vitamin C to Zinc--all within 1 month-is like taking accutane for one week and saying it doesn't work, when you know that it might take over 6 months to achieve good results.

Well, no I don't think it was useless or patronizing. I agree that here, too many people expect a magic bullet...well the truth is there just isn't one, and therefore it is necessary to change one's entire lifestyle, adding things to the "toolbox" and sticking with it for quite some time.

After all, even Accutane doesn't work overnight...it takes months, anywhere from 3 to 6 months or more...so people really should not think of the holistic approach as a quick fix...it's not. On the plus side, that means that once the imbalances are fixed and maintained, there is no chance of falling back, as there is with even Accutane.

So no, zinc probably won't cure any one's acne, nor will cod liver oil, or ACV....but combined with everything that we've learned here and everything that you know works for you (including diet, sleep, lifestyle, etc), along with PATIENCE, you will see positive results.