Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucius

Breaking out again!

Ok, so I've kept my moderate acne under control for over a year with Dan's regimen, with just one nightly application. I still get a pimple here and there when I get lazy with the regimen... but the past two weeks I'm actually having a breakout.. Like I'm waking up with 1-2 new cystic pimple a day. I'm applying Dans BP twice a day right now, but what can be happening? Is the bp losing its effectiveness??? I sure hop not.. the only thing that has changed the past couple of weeks is I ran out of Cetaphil cleanser... so I'm using nothing to cleanse with but just water... can that be it?

i can't help you with your problem...seeing as how i have only been on the regimen for a week and two days now, but i do have a question.

you say you were clear for a year with just one application nightly?! thats what i am hoping to do...currently i am only doing the full regimen at night and cleansing and applying moisturizer before my makeup in the mornings.

how much BP did you apply at night to stay clear for over a year, like a full pump or what?

i hope somebody can help you with your questions!! :)

Well, the timing of running out of cleanser and these sudden breakouts does sound awfully suspicious to me...get back to doing exactly what you were doing that worked before (Cetaphil, BP once a day, moisturizing) and give your skin a couple more weeks to sort itself out. By introducing BP twice a day, your skin isn't used to it, and the extra irritation while you adjust might cause some more breakouts, too. I'd strongly encourage you to return to what you were doing before and to wait it out for 2-3 weeks before changing anything, if need be.

Thats what happen to me too and then i gave up on the regimen all together cuz i got frustrated. right now im waiting on a app. with my derm maybe you shud see one too before it gets worse.

tay5:

I started with the regimen with twice a day application; and when my acne was under control I bumped it down to once daily for maintenance and convenience. But if you're just starting out, I would say follow the regimen to the letter, but who knows, you might get lucky with just once a day application. I think though if you're going to do once daily application, I would do it in the morning, since you're more active and more expose to bacteria during the day.

Kim:

you're probably right; the cleanser was probably working in symphony with everything else. bleh, i hate going out looking like this to buy more acne stuff. but i guess it must be done.

And I'm not going to give up on this, I mean, one breakout after a whole year of pretty clear skin is not going to make me call it quits. Maybe its just a fluke. Regardless, it sucks. Thanks for the reply guys. Keep it clear.