Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's because they have no acne that they are "popular".

Just wait till they get into the real world and realize no one gives a shit about them.

I think in high school, some of those "celebrity" students do exhibit appearances that resemble celebrities, as in better skin that most other people, but you know, there are different kinds of popularities.

For example, there are some popular kids that everyone admires for their good looks and abilities, but everyone actually trash-talks and hates them behind their back.

Other people, who can grab people's affection through their shining personalities (rather than appearances of physical assets) tend to have more deep friendships.

Of course, that's not to say there aren't people who fit both categories. One of my close friends in high school was, at least in my opinion, the best looking guy at our school AND had one of the greatest personalities. Really want to give him kudos for having been such a great person :D

I found all the "popular" girls were good looking in a chavy type way but also had big personalities, most of them were bitches and slagged each other off behind their backs. Most of them are either fat or pregnant now soooo....... :lol:

The guys weren't all that - most had acne but they had confidence too, loads of it.

I went to a pikey chav school so the "popular" people were the chavs who could beat anyone up.

I went to a pikey chav school so the "popular" people were the chavs who could beat anyone up.

It's because they have no acne that they are "popular".

Just wait till they get into the real world and realize no one gives a shit about them.

surprisingly i got a ride from a girl that hangs out with that crowd. shes the kind that has perfect skin but wears foundation anyway i got a ride to one of those organized fights and there were a bunch of popular party people. i looked around and relized all the girls except me had flawless skin. [email protected]! there was a party that night...guess who didn't go >.<

It's exactly what Jay said.

It's not that popular people don't get acne, it's those that don't get acne tend to have more confidence and therefore are more popular, party more, have more friends (but not better friendships), etc.

It's not that popular people don't get acne, it's those that don't get acne tend to have more confidence and therefore are more popular, party more, have more friends (but not better friendships), etc.

F- them up. These ppl are nothing but shit to me...that is unless they have really good personality and a good person.

Well...the girls I notice that popular ones don't have acne. Guys...well, the most popular are the athletes and at my high school, they were all black guys, and most black people don't get acne (no racist)

What you say might be true in high school and even college... As one's social standing is purely based on their physical appearance....

But in the real world, it is NOT TRUE!!!! (unless you are in the vanity-filled entertainment or beauty industry)

High school in general is just unnecessary. The drama, the peer pressure, the fighting, the populars... none of that will matter the moment you graduate, and none of those people will mean anything in your life from that moment on, so why let them mean anything to you now?

I skipped high school for largely that reason (homeschool/early college ftw!!) High school just seems to limit your options in all directions, I wish people who have such hard times in high school knew there are alternatives. (Anyone wants to talk to me about it shoot me a PM) Life's short as it is, and your high school years are critical in realizing who you want to be. It just seems counterproductive to be in an environment that degrades that ability- that makes you feel like less of a person, makes you rethink who you want to be just to fit.

Yea.... alhough the majority of "poplular" girls in my year have completely clear skin :( and it amazes me how much more confident they are...im jealous!!haha

Back when I was in highschool the popular girls were popular because 1. they were loud attention seeking 2. arrogant 3. drama queens 4. they were easy

That was my school anyways, they were all good looking with clear skin as well but that didn't count as much as many prettier down to earth girls were not popular.

It's true that now, yeeears later when I see some off them they're either preganant with their 4th kid or live a dead beat life.

Trust me, most of the "popular people" in highschool won't look so great years to come, their personalities will lead them to bullsh*t

It seems like the popular people never get acne. Or if they do, it is very mild. Anyone have any thoughts?