Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think i have bdd. my face was perfectly fine. did so much to it my face is broken out and yuck. i have bdd no doubt. i want to know how to beat it. it's so hard. now i've got minor scarring because of my vanity. i don't know what to do. it's all i think about.

Talk to a psychiatrist; that's the only way you'll get an actual diagnosis. Just thinking you have something from reading about it online doesn't make it so.

You've been to a derm; you've been given a treatment. Before you start thinking your skin is a loss, see what the treatment does. If you have actual redness and problems with your skin and your derm agreed, that's not BDD. You may be excessively concerned about your appearance, out of proportion to how one might be affected by redness and/or acne, but that can be fixed too if you concentrate on other things. You have to lose yourself in the moment, not be consumed by what you think you look like. Go out, go forth, enjoy yourself. That is therapy all by itself and ever so much less expensive than having to pay someone!