Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

Aloe makes me red?

I thought aloe was supposed to made redness go away but for me it seems to make it red. I use aloe vera gel walgreen's brand.

Anyone know what it could be or ever got it?

it might be that it's overdrying your skin, which leads to redness? You might want to mix it with some lotion (ie. Cetaphil), so that it doesn't cause overdrying. Most people get the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel, which seems to work well. I haven't tried the walgreen's one.

it might be that it's overdrying your skin, which leads to redness? You might want to mix it with some lotion (ie. Cetaphil), so that it doesn't cause overdrying. Most people get the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel, which seems to work well. I haven't tried the walgreen's one.

oh ok. thank you :)

I agree with indoorkid, that was a great tip :)

Mixing aloe and moisturiser together does does make it easier to tolerate. I use the clear kind of aloe, and it seems to dilute the Cetaphil moisturiser I use and keep it from looking shiny.

Does aloe just make you red on your face, or anywhere you put it? Also lots of them contain alcohol, especially the colored ones, and that could be irritating your skin too but maybe aloe from a plant wouldn't irritate you.

FOTE (and the generics I've seen) has some preservatives that might cause irritation for some people. 2 of them also combine to make a carcinogenic substance, but it may not be enough to cause damage when applied topically to human skin.

well i bought this aloe gel lotion from holland and barretts

basically i used to use the actual plant .. just opening the leave type things and rubbing it on my face

but i bought some actual aloe gel to put on

well my face itched and went red ( i have sensitive skin) and i think its cause of the stuff

added into the aloe gel lotion ... cause the natural aloe from the plant was fine on my skin

so yeah .. now i only use it in emergencies when my skin is really dry

I agree with indoorkid, that was a great tip :)

Mixing aloe and moisturiser together does does make it easier to tolerate. I use the clear kind of aloe, and it seems to dilute the Cetaphil moisturiser I use and keep it from looking shiny.

Does aloe just make you red on your face, or anywhere you put it? Also lots of them contain alcohol, especially the colored ones, and that could be irritating your skin too but maybe aloe from a plant wouldn't irritate you.

i read the ingredients and it does have it in there :(