Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm taking 8 grams of Cinnamon each day and 200 mcg of Chromium Picolinate. My skin is 90% clear. It was pretty bad beforehand (a face full of blackheads, infections, etc). I could probably increase to 10 grams of Cinnamon and be completely clear.

I have learned, just as everyone says, that refined carbs caused my pimply complexion to become worse. While on the Cinnamon, I was pretty clear. Then, during finals week, I lived on doritos, mac n cheese and pizza while I studied. My skin become noticibly more oily, filled with blackheads, etc.

I switched to whole grains & brown rice and am trying to get back to a mostly vegetable diet. Within 3 days of changing my diet, my skin cleared up again. However, I must use Cinnamon to control the majority of the problems.

In the coming weeks, I plan on reducing carbs and trying a low-fat low-GI diet and seeing if I can lower my cinnamon dosage.

I'm taking 8 grams of Cinnamon each day and 200 mcg of Chromium Picolinate. My skin is 90% clear. It was pretty bad beforehand (a face full of blackheads, infections, etc). I could probably increase to 10 grams of Cinnamon and be completely clear.

I have learned, just as everyone says, that refined carbs caused my pimply complexion to become worse. While on the Cinnamon, I was pretty clear. Then, during finals week, I lived on doritos, mac n cheese and pizza while I studied. My skin become noticibly more oily, filled with blackheads, etc.

I switched to whole grains & brown rice and am trying to get back to a mostly vegetable diet. Within 3 days of changing my diet, my skin cleared up again. However, I must use Cinnamon to control the majority of the problems.

In the coming weeks, I plan on reducing carbs and trying a low-fat low-GI diet and seeing if I can lower my cinnamon dosage.

How long did it take for the cinnamon to start working? How much improvement did you have with your blackheads? Where did you buy your cinnamon supplement? Sorry so many questions, but I am desperate to try anything to get rid of my acne and blackheads!! :doh:

dotty what happened? why are you 90% clear when a few weeks ago you were 99% when taking chronium and cinnamon?

Alex -- I have learned that, like everyone else, my skin gets a lot worse when I eat tons of refined carbs (aka junkfood). Before finals, my skin was 99% clear. However, these last two weeks, I have been eating Mac N Cheese, Pizza and chips while studying 13 hours per day. So, even though I was on Cinnamon/Chromium... the blackheads and infections became more profuse.

I've noticed that if I stick to a regularly healthy diet (whole grains/veggies) my skin problems go back to "clear" while on cinnamon/chromium picolinate.

In about a week, I hope to reduce fat intake and carbs... and see if I can lower my cinnamon dosage.

I cant remember exactly how long it took for the cinnamon to kick in. I'll roughly estimate 3 weeks?