Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so my neighbor invited me to drink some coronas and i said yea with out thinking about my face. Now i have to drink. what can i do so that i dont get pimples from it?? i don't know if alcohol effects my acne since i haven't drank in a long time.... FUCK I HATE ACNE!!!! CAN'T DO SHIT

also corona ingredients: water, barley, hops, and yeast

Alcohol can absolutely have negative effects on your skin! Stopping all alcohol can only benefit any hormonal imbalance that may lead to breakouts.

I've cut back on my drinking considerably and it's helped a lot. I'll still go out with friends on a binge, but pay for it in the morning. In more ways that one! :)

Alcohol causes a drop in blood sugar and a surge of insulin which in turns raises androgens>hyperproliferation>acne. Eat a high-protein moderate fat meal beforehand to help balance the blood sugar/insulin and slow absorption of the booze and just don't overdo it. This will only help lessen the negative effect though. If you normally exercise and eat healthy this will also help you slowly adapt to be able to handle the occasional half-nighter better.

Alcohol causes a drop in blood sugar and a surge of insulin which in turns raises androgens>hyperproliferation>acne. Eat a high-protein moderate fat meal beforehand to help balance the blood sugar/insulin and slow absorption of the booze and just don't overdo it. This will only help lessen the negative effect though. If you normally exercise and eat healthy this will also help you slowly adapt to be able to handle the occasional half-nighter better.

Do you know when you can you see the (short-term) effects with alcohol and acne? The morning after, one day, two days or even more?

Drink as much water as you do with the beer. Same ratio.

And run to the bathroom twice as much as you normally do when drinking beer, huh? ;)