Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My family is going on a hiking trip (about 7 days) on the West Coast Trail in Vancouver Island. They want me to go, but I do have some reservations.

Food will not really be an issue, they are sensitive to my nutritional needs, nor will water as there are many springs. The air is really pure, the area is pristine, and we will be on the coast so I will get a chance to swim in clean salt water (albeit freezing).

My concerns are mostly about the physical stress of hiking and sleeping in tents. It is also cold and very wet, so I will have to make sure to stay warm and dry so I do not get sick. I'm still scared though that it might cause a flare up, however part of me also thinks that it might actually be good for me, health-wise...

Should I go?

I'm open to food suggestions as well...I was thinking of bringing canned salmon, almonds, goji berries, various teas, dehydrated meats (looking into some good options), dried tomatoes...I wish I could bring veggies, but that might be difficult seeing as I can't really have the starchy ones which are also the most convenient to carry...

of course you should go, don't let anything get to you just enjoy the time with your family

I absolutley agree that you should go. Do not let the risk of a few pimples stop you from such a great experience. That area is so beautiful, if you don't go then I will take your place instead. haha, just kidding. But seriously, get out and enjoy yourself. i gurantee if you dont go you will look back in few years and thnk how stupid it was.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is mr. outdoors talking here, and I want you to go because I think it'll help your skin more than hurt it, all that exercise too and in nature!!!! That's the best place for us all!

You can look into dehydrated foods, but beware it can change the carbs (higher) etc.. Research REI, also all the backpacking food manufacturers. Go to your local outdoor store. You can take along soups, trail mix, all kinds of stuff and even a few spices, they help out alot. Have a good time.

Go! You'll have a grand time. Camping trips with family were some of the best family times. :)

Yes, go, and completely forget about your face.

Go skinny dipping too!!

My family is going on a hiking trip (about 7 days) on the West Coast Trail in Vancouver Island. They want me to go, but I do have some reservations.

Food will not really be an issue, they are sensitive to my nutritional needs, nor will water as there are many springs. The air is really pure, the area is pristine, and we will be on the coast so I will get a chance to swim in clean salt water (albeit freezing).

My concerns are mostly about the physical stress of hiking and sleeping in tents. It is also cold and very wet, so I will have to make sure to stay warm and dry so I do not get sick. I'm still scared though that it might cause a flare up, however part of me also thinks that it might actually be good for me, health-wise...

Should I go?

I'm open to food suggestions as well...I was thinking of bringing canned salmon, almonds, goji berries, various teas, dehydrated meats (looking into some good options), dried tomatoes...I wish I could bring veggies, but that might be difficult seeing as I can't really have the starchy ones which are also the most convenient to carry...

Thanks guys for the advice!!!!! :wub:

@fraxelwaxel, I've actually been dairy-free for months and it has made a difference, thank you, though :]

If anything, I think your skin will be better. WHen people go on vacation, camping trips, the beach whatever, they seem to always report that they cleared up and their skin became better. Have fun.