Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgz

BEST Chapstick?

I have chronically chapped lips from accuatane.. I am sick of having to reapply chapstick 4-5 times a day?

What is the BEST moisturizer for my lips?

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!? :shifty:

I have chronically chapped lips from accuatane.. I am sick of having to reapply chapstick 4-5 times a day?

Aquaphor is the best on the market.

It heals the lips while moisturizing. I don't leave the house without it (and have tiny panic attacks if I realize I left it behind by accident).

You will still have to reapply several times a day. Sry. But that is life on accutane ;)

Don't know about accutane or problems related to it, but avene makes a great chapstick that wont cause pimples around your mouth (which i find happens with me using other brands)

I have tried aquaphor, vaseline, chapstick, aveeno's chapstick, and blistex. Aveeno's moistorising chapstick (the one with the blue cap) it by far the best! (For me) I feel like it actually moistorises, while the others have just felt like a coat of gook on my lips. Each time a tube of what I'm trying runs out, I've tried something different. I'd stick to aveeno's but it's sorta expensive and there's not much in one tube.

vaseline didnt do it for me on accutane. its really good otherwise. i used burts bees.

Nivea Lip Care - Repair & Protection - FPS 5

i'm male and i like cos doesnt shine too much.

I like PawPaw ointment but I'm not sure if you can get it out of australia because Its made in a little factory nearby where I live. Its amazinggg! It heals as well, you can use it for burns etc.

Burt's Bees lip shimmers (now if you're a guy, those colors might be a bit much for you) or Aquaphor. Or vaseline petrolatum jelly.

Aquaphor is great when you're in the comfort of your home - it's too shiny for me (a guy) to wear in public. Too much like a lip gloss.

The best chapstick I've tried has been "ChapStick All Natural" with "natural" vitamin E, beeswax, mango butter, and shea butter. The only problem is that I ran out and I do not think they make it any longer. A shame. I may try the "Lip Butter" one... or I may just grab Burt's.

I can tell you what not to use: the Aveeno Active Naturals/Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with the tan cap. Though it has an SPF of 15, shea butter, and all that good stuff... I believe it's just drying my lips out even more when it wears away (and it wears away fast). Provides very little relief and doesn't really moisturize anything chapped; makes the tatters of dead skin on my lips stick out more thanks to its useless gloss. It actually works better on the dry skin on my face more so than my lips.

I rub a bit of Rosehip oil on my lips and then apply lucas' paw paw ointment before I go to sleep and repeat in the mornings for softer lips :)

Just use the lip balm during the day...

Aquaphor's too goopy and shiny for me. I used it for a while and then tried Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated chapstick. That stuff is the best and I don't have to put it on nearly as much as Aquaphor. I still slather on the Aquaphor before bed, however.

oh me oh my Burt Bee's Replishing with Pomegranate is EPIC WIN when your lips are already chapped. Its instant rejuvination.

I've tried a million things, Aquaphor, Aveeno etc. Aquaphor is great most of the time but sometimes when your lips are REALLY dry it's just goopy on top and really gros..

I HIGHLY recommend Blistex Lip Medex (blue jar thing).. it feels awesome and gets rid of dryness so quick and easily, best thing ever.

oh me oh my Burt Bee's Replishing with Pomegranate is EPIC WIN when your lips are already chapped. Its instant rejuvination.

Agreed. Any Burt's, really, but the pomegranate oil one is my favorite.

moulton brown for lips was brill also clinique all about lips was fantasictic too.chapstick does nothing as does vaseline.

Okay, i quick joined, cause i've looked to this website for what kind of chapstick to use over the past couple months and decided now that ill give my say into it all, as for i ABSOLUTELY hate chapped lips and I tried ALOT of different chapsticks.

In the mornings after I shower, I like to use Dr. Dans as for it will help reduce any swelling or irritations you may have (DO NOT only use Dr. Dans all day long, for it has cortisone in it, this is GREAT to reduce the swelling and such, but it will eventually make the skin on your lips very sensitive and thin the skin way too much, and make matters worse, i learned that the hard way).

Throughout the day I love to use basically any type of Burt's Bee's, any of them are great, i actually have at least one of each kind, or even more that one.

If you say they do not work, stop licking your lips and you will notice a huge difference, so despite how good they smell, keep your tongue off!

The other great find i stumbled upon is "LypSyl's Lypmoisterizer" (my personal favorite). Its amazing! Made with pure Swedish Beeswax, organic shea butter, and other very good lip friendly natural ingredients. Seriously i recommend everyone to try it, especially if your lips still tend to feel dry right after applying chapstick. I can only really find it at Rite Aid though. It also comes in one with Honeyberry and Avocado butter, with spf 15 in it too.

Finally at nights ill use Dr. Dans toward the end of the night, and then right before i go to bed I like to smother them in "Blistex Lip Medex" that lil blue tin thing.

And thats my day! I hope i was able to help someone!

I use Aquaphor. It's perfect because it comes in the little mini size that is perfect for a purse or pocket, it feels great on the lips, and as a girl I like the shine it gives.

If you do not like shine, I recommend anything by Burt's Bees. I love Aquaphor because it lasts way longer than Burt's, but everyone's different.