Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sarah0926

Body Exfoliation

I was wondering how everyone exfoliates their legs, arms, bikini line, etc. I epilate, but have had a few ingrown hairs, and basically am wondering what everyone does/uses to exfoliate!

I have a scrubby puff. :3 It's like a magic sponge of awesome. I use whatever body wash I want, and the scrubby sponge does the rest. You have to be careful with them because they can harbor bacteria. Mine is specially made as an anti-bacterial sponge (dries fast and has something to do with how it's made, I can't remember what it is), but I still have to be mindful of it. It was like 2 bucks at Target. You can get them anywhere.

Yeah, thats what I currently use, but I am not sure if its cutting it...I was just wondering if anyone uses a body scrub, etc...if that would work better. Maybe I just have to scrub a bit harder? hmmm...

Yeah, thats what I currently use, but I am not sure if its cutting it...I was just wondering if anyone uses a body scrub, etc...if that would work better. Maybe I just have to scrub a bit harder? hmmm...

I used Aveeno's Positively Radiant shower polish and it was very nice. The beads aren't scratchy at all. Swiss Ives also has a shower scrub that's nice and cheap and works well. The grains are more fine, but more numerous. I liked the smell of both.

You definitely have to be careful with the shower scrubbies. There's a type out there that looks kind of like a patch of carpet (harhar). I find that those work well and are less irritating than the nylon, but I also find they don't dry as quickly.

I love the Silky Start sugar scrub from Paula's Choice. I got it for free when they had a promotion a while back.. It's exfoliates well and moisturizes without being too abrasive. And it smells like chocolate too :drool:.

I used Aveeno's Positively Radiant shower polish and it was very nice. The beads aren't scratchy at all. Swiss Ives also has a shower scrub that's nice and cheap and works well. The grains are more fine, but more numerous. I liked the smell of both.

You definitely have to be careful with the shower scrubbies. There's a type out there that looks kind of like a patch of carpet (harhar). I find that those work well and are less irritating than the nylon, but I also find they don't dry as quickly.

thanks! I am going to look into both of those tomorrow. I love Aveeno things(their positively smooth shave gel is awesome).