Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tooshort

The extra super duper long ass title that is TOOSHORT's Accutane Log

Well.

Here is day one.

wait..wait.. a lil about my self. I have been dealing with acne of all types since 1995(15 years old). Can you figure out my age? :surprised: I did the over the counter thing up until 1998 and my dad decided to take me to the derm. She put me on different meds for about 6 months, then when nothing worked, she put me on Accutane. It was like a wonder drug. For the 3 years after my course on accutane, I was free of any acne. Period. But in 2001, things started going back to my pre-tane days. I've had some rough days throug out these past 8 years, and also some very clear and fun days as well. My thing is. I NEED SOME CONSISTENCY DAMNIT!! I have to plan my life around my acne and I am tired of it. Life is passing me by and will continue to if I allow it. Most people will say, "forget what others think about your acne, just go out and enjoy life". Well, easier said then done. Anyway, here I am for round two of Accutane. I am no where near as bad off as I was in 98 when I took my first course. I have a couple of nodules/cysts as well as some small blemishes. I have very oily skin which more than likely the culprit of the severity of my cystic acne. I am a dude, but I still have to use everyday minerals foundation every morning. I work in a corporate envorinment and confidence is a MUST! So I try my best to put my best face forward. Its never noticable(atleast I hope not) because I use very little and the right shade, but again, I am TIRED of putting that crap on my face too. Not because I am a dude, but because its just another way that acne is dictating my life. Im 28 years old... I have turned down to many dates, parties, etc..... hid from the world and let too many years pass for far too long.

Anyway.... board or anybody out there reading..... here we go!!

So now here it is Monday, and I still dont have my Accutane!!! The doctor never pre-authorized the prescription with my insurance. Then, there was some disconnect with the iPledge between the pharmacy and the doctor. Anyway, I just called the pharmacy and now Im good. I finally get to start my journey.

Best of luck with it.

You are on a much higher dose than me.

I'm 30mg and I just started last week.

Best of luck to you and I like the title of your log. It's funneh!

So now here it is Monday, and I still dont have my Accutane!!! The doctor never pre-authorized the prescription with my insurance. Then, there was some disconnect with the iPledge between the pharmacy and the doctor. Anyway, I just called the pharmacy and now Im good. I finally get to start my journey.

Day Two: I am VERY tired.... but it may be due to me getting 4 hours of sleep last night. I awoke to hear my dog(POLO) throwing a fit and yelping. He was draggin his butt across the carpet. I have a 4 month old MinPin. Anyway, I pick him up and turn him over and he's got string or thread of some sort hanging out of his butt. That didnt suprise me because he tries to eat my damm bath towels.. lil weirdo. I pull out the poop covered thread and he jumps outta my arms and starts attacking his stuffed carrot toy like nothing ever happend. Im too through. I put him back in the crate and went back to sleep, only to be awoken again by him straining. So I take him to the vet, they look him over and stuck a stick up his a-noos to check for blockage and there was none. I started him on heart worm prevention a few days ago and the vet said that this was one of the symptoms. He was fine when I left him this morning so hopefully he is doing alright.

Back to my face... thats why you are reading this I guess. lol

Face feels normal... Still got quite oily after 2-3 hours. No new blemishes though.

Offtopic: POLO has also earned the name Lil Humpy. This lil mofo who probably doesnt even have full grown gonads yet ear/eye/arm/anal raped his stuffed teddy for atleast 30 minutes.... got tired and passed out on the bear. I wish I recorded that. too funny.

Day Three: A little nasal dryness... No lip dryness yet... skin is still producing lots of oil... 12pm and shiny as usual. Old spots are reduced a lil and no new spots, so thats a good sign.

So I am on day 15 of taking Claravis (generic for Accutane) and the oil did not stop for me till about day 11 so don't fret. It will be very nice not to have to wipe all that oil off every 2 hours or so. For instance today I have not had to do the normal oil wipe away not once :dance:

So I am on day 15 of taking Claravis (generic for Accutane) and the oil did not stop for me till about day 11 so don't fret. It will be very nice not to have to wipe all that oil off every 2 hours or so. For instance today I have not had to do the normal oil wipe away not once :dance:

You ever think back to when you were a child? Nothing mattered. No care in the world. No self-consiousness about your appearance. Hell, you had to make me take a bath or brush my teeth!!! lol No money issues, no relationship problems, NO STRESS! I was reading "Do You!" by Russell Simmons. He is a long time advocate of Yoga. In one of his chapters he touches on the state of mind we come to as adults and how we lose contact with our inner-child. Our inner-peace lives within our inner-child. I think back and for the past few years, I have been restless, worried about deadlines at work, paying off debt, etc.. missing peacefulness. From now on, each day, I will set aside atleast 30 minutes at night, and meditate..... and go back to the 80's... when the child in me ran freely... care-free. Hopefully, peacefulness will come over me as well.

Day 4: My stomach was a lil upset this morning, but I am not sure wether it was due to the Sotret or not. Its about 3pm and I feel fine, so it must have been something I ate last night. My skin has not begun to dry out yet, the oil is still in full effect. No dryness of the lips either. I lifted weights last night and no soreness of the joints or muscles either.

Day 5: Corners of mouth are sore and dry, also around my chin area. Other than that, nothing else to report.

Day 8: Over the weekend, the corners of my my mouth began to crack and become sore. I have been using Carmex and it has helped alot. I began to break out a little more, mainly on both sides of my nostrils and below my mouth. Only 2 of them are cysts though. No muscle soreness. I was a little on edge though. I was very aggressive on the road, more than usual.

Update: My face is SORE!!!! I now have a total of 3-4 cysts and it when I open to bite something or even to smile, it stretches the cysts. I cant wait for this IB to be over with.

Day 9: Face has gotten worse.. IB is in full effect.(atleast I hope this is the worse its gonna get).

My lips seem to be not AS dry, my face is still oily.

Day 10: Not looking too good, or feeling good. My face is becoming very tight and I keep getting painful cysts on both sides of my nostrils right above my mouth, also right under my mouth.

Some of the spots are crusting over into this crusty yellowish stuff. I try not to peel it off, but I can help it, plus it looks disgusting just sitting there in crusted form. lol

P.S. the oil(shine) on my face is becoming less noticable. Thats great news... the shine was one of the main reasons for me starting up Tane again.

Day 15: THE OIL HAS CEASED!!!!!!!!! :D

And I have been clear for 3 days besides one or two bumps that are healing!!!!

Yall have no idea how excited I have been. On saturday, I went out in public without makeup for the first time in over two years!!

Day 26:

Its been a while since I last posted. My face has improved drastically and continues to get better. I have had no new spots in over two weeks. My back and chest are completey clear. the oil(which was one of my main concerns) has stopped. The only thing is that my face is slightly red from the sun. I may need to try a new SPF. I am currently using Paula's Choice SPF 30 Spray. But it may not be strong enough.

Another thing I have noticed is that I used to be a gym rat.... I would go 3 times a week and all day I couldnt wait to get off work to hit the gym. Since I've been on Tane, I have lost my drive to lift. I went last week and I still had strength, but no motivation to be there. I was taking Animal Pak Multi-vitamin before I started my course of Tane, but due to the high amount of Vitamin A, I had to stop. Im pretty sure Animal Pak had alot to due with my energy level.