Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lavina

Extracting clogged pores with tweezers

Does anyone do this? It may sound weird but I'm quite successful with extracting sebum plugs from my t zone. I have fine tipped tweezers that I gently rub across the pore that's plugged(top of plug has to be on the skins surface not under), I go back and fourth horizontally until the gunk comes out of the pore. This method is working quite well for me, does anyone do anything like this? BTW I used to try to squeeze the gunk out with my fingers to no avail and would usually cause the pore to become inflamed, I've had no inflammation with this tweezer method.

Does anyone do this? It may sound weird but I'm quite successful with extracting sebum plugs from my t zone. I have fine tipped tweezers that I gently rub across the pore that's plugged(top of plug has to be on the skins surface not under), I go back and fourth horizontally until the gunk comes out of the pore. This method is working quite well for me, does anyone do anything like this? BTW I used to try to squeeze the gunk out with my fingers to no avail and would usually cause the pore to become inflamed, I've had no inflammation with this tweezer method.

Hey!i'm new around here, i'm using this method too and i'm finding it extremly successful.

Why not use a comedone extractor and thus extrude more of the plug rather than just the surface? Use it GENTLY!!! :D

I try to avoid messing about with blackheads full stop, mainly because my skin is super sensitive and even if the plug is fully removed, it leaves one hell of a nasty mark that takes ages to disappear. Another negative factor is that my blackheads are pretty popular wee buggers, always seeming to attract more to their funeral.

i've done that once or twice, too. Once, when I got very frustrated with the skin on my nose, I just squeezed it all out and that worked pretty well and the pores stayed clear for about a week, no inflamation or anything. So that worked well for me!

Yep. I have done this before with the tweezers. I do think pulling is better than pushing. Only do it if is at the surface!

I just started a new medication called BenzaClin two days ago and the pores alongside my nose that were clogged seemed to "eject" the plug, with make a tiny hard spot that is nearly invisible unless you're looking up-close in a mirror. I used a needle to pick the spot off and it left a tiny tiny hole, basically an open pore.

Has anyone else that their plugs "come up" and form a small hard white spot?

i don't think its a good idea because some of the sebum plugs might go down deeper and may cause infection.. it may also damage your capillaries.. i advice using nose strips or products with microbeads that helps eliminate those nasty plugs or use products that refines pores..

I do not extract my blackheads anymore. Everytime that I do, I just get an inflamed pimple.

What is odd is that I do not have blackheads on my nose, but on other parts of my face.

I don't know how you would get all of the blackhead out (as they run pretty deep) by using tweezers (pulling instead of pushing method). Maybe you are just pulling the top part out.

I know exactly what you mean! Using retin-a I find that I have little bumps on my face that I scratch and they are already half-way out. I don't think they are blackheads I think they are little dried up plugs, comedones?Anyway I can usually pluck them out with good tweezers and out comes something that looks like a tiny grain of rice. For me they don't seem to get infected if I do it this way instead of squeezing. I know it sounds gross but there's something very satisfying about it. Anyway you're not alone.

I know exactly what you mean! Using retin-a I find that I have little bumps on my face that I scratch and they are already half-way out. I don't think they are blackheads I think they are little dried up plugs, comedones?Anyway I can usually pluck them out with good tweezers and out comes something that looks like a tiny grain of rice. For me they don't seem to get infected if I do it this way instead of squeezing. I know it sounds gross but there's something very satisfying about it. Anyway you're not alone.

sweet jesus I thought I was the only one!!! I get little white spots on my nose and for years now I have been pulling them out with tiny tweezers. They look exactly as you say and sometimes they are partly clear on the bottom.

I have a habit of squeezing around my nose and then using flat tweezers and pulling it out of the pore. It works better than Biore pore strips because i noticed it doesnt grab it all.

Basically if I see ONE little clogged pore on my nose, I will extract it. It sucks at how close I look at my skin but the only problem i have is sometimes i am too rough with the skin on my nose and it will peel off later and look flaky. Thank goodness Im not the only one that does this. LOL

I've been using adapalene and the same thing happens to me, white/clearish tiny plugs come up but they are on top of my skin and come out very easily when i pluck them with a tweezer and it leaves a tiny little hole in my face. I'm worried though, will doing this cause scarring? I feel like I am doing a good thing since I am getting rid of gunk in the pore and it is on top of the skin so i hope that means it wont scar?