Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colleenie

You will never believe what happened! End of Month 5.

So I went to my derm on Wednesday morning for my usual check up. I knew I was going to due an additional month since I broke out about 2 weeks ago. Instead of my usual half hour wait I was called in almost immediately. Usually, her assistant comes in first and asks me questions about my mood, side effects, and so forth. Instead the doctor comes in with the assistant right away and questions me. She then goes "I don't mean to get personal, but have you been sexually active this month." I say yes, and she then proceeds to tell me that my blood work shows that I MAY BE PREGNANT. But.... how could this be? I'm taking birth control which is 99% effective, IN ADDITION TO condoms or my diaphragm. So I FREAK! I went to my OBGYN immediately after work and explain what happened. I then start thinking.. maybe my diaphragm wasn't effective enough, did I miss pills, maybe I'm in the 1%. My OBGYN is convinced I am not pregnant, but order more blood work anyway. I go for blood work yesterday morning, my derm was closed, but my OBGYN got the results in the afternoon, and YES IT WAS NEGATIVE! The lab must've messed up my blood work! I wonder if this happened to anyone else, or is there a black cloud following me?

Holy moly! I'm soooooooooooooo glad you're not pregnant. You must've been scared out of your mind!! *hugs*

Holy moly! I'm soooooooooooooo glad you're not pregnant. You must've been scared out of your mind!! *hugs*

I never I couldn't be, but theres always that what if factor that creeps into your mind. Thanks... I need hugs. And to be honest, not even sure if I wanna do a 6th month of this. I'm planning a wedding... I have enough stress and drama.

EEEK, glad to hear you're not pregnant! The medication supposedly still works for a month after you finish your course. I'm thinking of extending my course (to seven months) as well but I can't stand these decreased healing abilities, so I think I'll throw in the towel after this month, get some sunshine and enjoy the summer.

Good luck! :wiggle:

hey collee,

sorry to hear that and glad it came out negative. PHew!

hey, so are you done with accutane after 5 months? cause i think month 5 is gonna be my last one too....thanks girl

hey collee,

sorry to hear that and glad it came out negative. PHew!

hey, so are you done with accutane after 5 months? cause i think month 5 is gonna be my last one too....thanks girl

Yup. I'm ending it at month 5. I know I've come this far and why not do an extra month. But I've been on 100mg the last two months, I'm wayyyyyy over my cumulative dose, and I've think I had enough accutane. Especially after this incident. I have enough stress. I'm getting married in 2 months, and I really just want to be off of it... and be able to enjoy my bachelorette party at the end of May. So I've decided to deny the 6th month.

Congrats to you! I hope your 5th month is your final month as well!