Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My mother heard me talking about AHA and brought home an AHA. I'm from Denmark and doesn't know some of the english words. It is bought in a we-love-things-who-come-from-the-nature shop (what do you call such a shop?)

the (...)'s are in danish, but i try to explain in [...]'s

Mellisa AHA-Frugtkomplex-creme [AHA-fruitcomplex-moistourizer?]

Ingredienser:

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Gel* (Aloe Vera), Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (abrikoskerne olie), Lauteht-7, Squalane, Polyacrylate (vegetabilske emulgatorer), Passiflora Incarnata Extract (Passionsfrugt [do you call it passion? frugt=fruit]), Vitis Vinifera Extract (vindrue[what do you call it? you make wine out of it :P vin=wine, drue is perhaps grape, but not sure?]), Ananas Sativus Extract (ananas), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (kamille[camille?]), Fragraria Vesca Extract (skovjordbær[forrest-strawberries - small strawberries]), Retinyl Palmitate (A-vitamin), Tocopheryl Acetate (E-vitamin), Panthenol (B-vitamin), Ascorbin Acid (C-vitamin), Glycerin, Buxus Chinensis Oil* (jojoba olie[olie=oil]), Olea Europaea Oil* (oliven olie[olive oil?]), Rosa Canina Extract* (hyben[don't know what this is called, but it's red and grows in the nature :P]), Camelia Sinensis Extract* (grøn te[green tea]), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Lactic Acid, Glucose, Allantoin (plantebaseret frugtkoncentrat[fruitbased plant(consentrate?)]) Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Vaccinium Myrtilus Extract (blåbær[blue berries]), Morus Nigra Extract (morbær - some kind of berries]).

*økologisk.

Could this work as it should? it should be 7,5 % AHA... I'll think I'll try it out, but any help would be nice:D

Word of advice...start slowly...it'll burn...especially if you've been on BP regimen for a month or so.

because of the AHA?

I'll think i'll start to use it once a day for a period - any advice how to put it into regimen? should i drop BP when i use it, or should it just replace moistourizer?

What about SPF? this should have some UVA protection, but i'm not an expert in that subjekt?

actually it is about a month or so, that i've been on the regimen ;-)

There is a reason why Dan strong recommends AHA after one month of using BP. The reason is that the BP works why shedding dead skin to reveal new skin. Your new skin isn't prime for the amount of acid the AHA consist of which is around 10 to 12 percent.

If you have been using the full amount of BP as Dan suggested, your face will be a little more sensitive than usual and this is normal for anyone that is subjected to BP. For people that haven't had their face bombarded with BP will not feel a lot of burning sensation as compared to people that had their face bombarded with BP.

Just tough it out is my only advice. Stick with it and eventually your face will get used to it. Now, if you understand how AHA works, then purging period is expected to follow.

"Glycolic Acid - With the smallest molecular structure of all AHAs, Glycolic Acid most easily penetrates the skin’s surface to remove excess cells and help moisture retention in the surface layers. Glycolic AHA is widely recommended by dermatologist as the best choice for use in skin treatment products, particularly anti-wrinkle and acne products. " (courtesy of Neoteric Cosmetics)

The unclogging of the pore by AHA solution is like the skin doing spring cleaning.

You can use BP with AHA, if that was your intention, start slowly meaning see how much you can take it or whats your threshold for pain. Some people do every other day until they get used to it.

You can use it as a moisterizer, but you should use one AHA with sunscreen like Neutrogena Healthy Face because you'll need sunscreen the first week. 15 SPF is enough.

I do not think i am able to get neutrogena here in Denmark (??) is it worth to pay for shipment?

My AHA is said to have some protection against UVA, but I don't know if that's enough..?