Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am making canned fish a regular in my diet, tuna is fine but salmon is a bit rank. Can I get by on tuna or is salmon better or should I be having both?

Tuna taste much better , ^^ i always buy both.

don't like the taste on salmon at all >_> but is healthy so i buy it.

Tuna has a little more protein than salmon, but salmon has omega3 and tuna dont. Over all Salmon is more health.

Because of the canning process canned salmon loses most of its omega-3 benefits. When it comes down to it, it only has 200 mg more omega-3 per serving, which is significant but might not be worth the price for you.

So get whichever one you prefer, really. Salmon might be a bit more nutritious, though.

Isnt tuna the worst kinda of fish for having lots of mercury in it?? That's what I have always thought.... I dont eat tuna.

Well, tuna does have omega 3 oil. All fish do and fatty fishes have the most. Tuna is one of your fatty fishes, along with salmon, sardines, herring and mackerel. It is also high in mercury as all large predatory fish are, but it is not the worst and it depends on what kind of tuna. The larger and more predatory, the more mercury.

Other options for canned fish are sardines and herring/kippers which are small fish. And canned Jack mackerel, which is a small species of mackerel and low in mercury. Like with salmon, it's canned whole and there are bits you want to pick out, but the Bumblebee brand is pretty good. It tastes pretty much like tuna and it's much cheaper than tuna or salmon.