Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I_Have_Bad_Acne

So not only do i have Acne, but now i have POISON IVY

Okay well the worst case scenario has happend. Not only do I have my mild acne now, but apparently last week I went hiking and made a bomb fire.. Bad idea, I have poison ivy all over the top of my legs around my neck and on my face. It's also spreading and I dont know what to do.. To tell u guys the truth it all started on my well penis and that was HELL!. Imagine the itching... but I could hide that kind of! now it's all over the place and I dont know what to do.. I want to go see a doctor but I dont want to show him what is down their... I dont mind my legs, but I feel like he should know about that.. and im reluctant to show him.. GOD WHY ME!

this happened to me in hs, my arms looked like they were going to explode. it was so gross. my doctor gave me this oral drug to take though, and it went away. strangely i had no breakouts while on it as well...

lol like seriously go to the doctor. they won't care about looking down there. i did work experience with a GP and this guy came in and had seeping pus filled bumps all around his groin and the doctor was "oh that's easily treatable, take these for 3 weeks and come back"

Since you do have a widespread rash, you should go to the doctor. You may get a short course of steroids to reduce the inflammation; there are also other things you can get to help. Cool and moist or wet soaks will help you feel better. Do your best not to scratch as you could tear the skin and induce an infection superimposed on top of the poison ivy and that would be even more miserable. :(

Some people find that calamine lotion helps (it never did much for me with insect bites). In desperate times like this you might consider one of those aloe sprays for sunburns that has some numbing agents in it, but not to spray ALL over your body as that might be dangerous. Cool soaks is your best bet until you see a doctor. If you are desperate at night and can't sleep due to the itching, you could try benadryl (UNLESS you're on medications that might interact with diphenhydramine, or are allergic to it); it will help with the itching and make you drowsy.

I know many people are embarrassed about showing their private parts to doctors; there's not much I can say to make you feel better, except try to not even think about it while you're showing off your stuff. The doctor doesn't care; she's seen everything and more. Seriously, medical people do not think of penises and vaginas sexually when we look at them; they're just part of the patient. There's a certain distancing one has to do; and so do patients unfortunately, to cope with some of the trauma of being a patient.

what exactly is this Poison Ivy plant I keep hearing about? We dont have it here in the UK

What makes us allergic to poison ivy is the urushiol oil thats in the plant, you can use a home remedy like a paste made up of baking soda and water (will dry out the poison ivy) or you can buy something for it like Zanfel its $40.00 but will stop your itch in under a minute. other home remedys are witch hazel and even clear nail polish and paint thinner but I dont think those last ones are a good idea.... : /