Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cless4736

Starting my New Regimen

Hi, I recently found this site and thought it was amazing. I have very mild acne but want to control it so my face is completely clear. I decided to try the regimen idea, did some research and went yesterday to buy my products. I got purpose gentle cleanser, zapzyt 10% benzoyl peroxide, clean and clear dual action moisturizer(contains salicylic acid) and cetaphyl daily facial moisturizer.

I'm not sure if i should just use the bp once a day for a couple of weeks until my skin gets used to it or what. I used it last night and this morning and my face is very dry and uncomfortable :[ Also, is it okay to use the clean and clear moisturizer along with the cetaphyl? I noticed that the clean and clear makes my face feel cooler and nicer and the cetaphyl gets rid of the noticable peeling and flakiness on my face.

Some help would be GREATLY appreciated :]

Thanks,

Christina

eh the clean and clear moisturizer has some less than beneficial ingredients and the salicylic acid might react negatively with the Benzoyl Peroxide... i'd be careful with that product

Hi and welcome.

I'm going to make a few suggestions for you.

The Regimen uses 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, not 10%. Here's why: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#higherpercentagebp

See if you can find Neutrogena on-the-spot.

And the cetaphil moisturizer is fine to use but do not use the one you have with SA in it. Here's why: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#salicylicacid

I hope this helps and good luck!

I have been using the 10% bp for a few days now and my skin is REALLY dry from it but the moisturizer(cetaphyl) has been making it better. Do I absolutely need to switch to the 2.5%? I have very mild acne and just by using the regimen for a few days my face is already clearer just with some redness and dryness.