Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay. I'm 23, and I've had acne for about 10 years now, so needless to say I'm kind of used to dealing with it. A week ago, however, my face started erupting like I've never seen before. I'm now covered with large, painful cysts, and a ton of whiteheads. I wake up, and there's pus on my pillow just from me sleeping. It's also hard to eat and talk, because when I open my mouth sometimes they burst. My face throbs throughout the entire day, making it nearly impossible for me to do anything other than lay in bed because of the pain. I've never dealt with acne this severe before. I ended up staying home from my job all week, so needless to say they're going to call it voluntary separation and terminate my employment.

I live with my boyfriend, and obviously with his flawless skin he can't possibly imagine what I'm going through. He's made me feel like crap by saying things like, "what, people with acne can't have a life? I'd never stay home from my job over that." He is, however, willing to pay for an insurance plan so I can go back to the Dermatologist. I used to go last year, but I could never get her to put me on Accutane which is clearly what I need now. I'm pretty sure once she sees my face in it's current state she won't even hesitate.

I feel so bad about myself I won't even leave our house. A mutual friend of ours was over last weekend and I wouldn't even leave the bedroom. I just can't believe how much physical pain I'm in... I mean, I've always struggled emotionally, but my face has never felt this awful before.

I'd like to post a picture, but I can't find my camera at the moment so maybe I'll post one at a later time. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this, just knowing that people are listening to what I have to say helps me feel a little better.

thats what happened to me :cry: . it really sucked, i started breaking out in mid march and i thought it was just a simple break out. now its the end of april and it got worse and worse. i never leave the house unless i go to school, which is still very hard. i got put on accutane and i started for a week. going through my initial breakout, but things are seeming to flatten. hope things work out. i can relate to exactly what you're going through. had my brother's friends over because my parents were out of town. he threw a party and i couldn't even leave my room to even say hi to anyone. totally sucks. keep your head up hopefully you can be put on accutane and we'll both be clear after our courses :D:D .

thats what happened to me :cry: . it really sucked, i started breaking out in mid march and i thought it was just a simple break out. now its the end of april and it got worse and worse. i never leave the house unless i go to school, which is still very hard. i got put on accutane and i started for a week. going through my initial breakout, but things are seeming to flatten. hope things work out. i can relate to exactly what you're going through. had my brother's friends over because my parents were out of town. he threw a party and i couldn't even leave my room to even say hi to anyone. totally sucks. keep your head up hopefully you can be put on accutane and we'll both be clear after our courses :D:D .

I know it is hard but try to focus on all the great things about your life rather than the negative. Be happy that your boyfriend is willling to pay for insurance so you can see a derm. Stress makes your face breakout mind you. Good thoughts good thoughts and some more good thoughts. I wish you the best of luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

Sounds really painful, both physically and emotionally.

I hope you can get on Accutane as soon as possible =)

I know it is hard but try to focus on all the great things about your life rather than the negative. Be happy that your boyfriend is willling to pay for insurance so you can see a derm. Stress makes your face breakout mind you. Good thoughts good thoughts and some more good thoughts. I wish you the best of luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

hey Ive been through the same thing, bout a year and a bit ago I used to wake up every day with shitload of blood on my pillows, couldnt laugh at a comedy and had to eat slowly unless I wanted to deal with bleeding, some days my face would swell up so that my face didnt even look like my face anymore, my acne was horrific.

Im not ashamed that during that time I didnt go out in public at all, I stayed in and hid away from the world, I wouldnt have been able to last out there.

Compared to then i am a looooooot better, the real bad stuff stopped hitting me about last july and then now Im on an accutane course and thats getting rid of the more moderate stuff, my face now is basically a shitload of redmarks left over from those dark times, pretty moderate scarring and one or two actives left.

I'd like to tell you it got easier as my face slowly got better but for me it didnt, maybe slightly easier. But to this day I still dont like going out in the daylight, I only go out at night and avoid lighting whenever possible, my skin isnt even too bad now, but I think Ive been left with some sort of psychological barrier that has stopped me from re-entering into the daily grind. I dont know what it is, but all I know is that mentally and emotionally this experience has tore me apart, I have very few friends left and comparing the person I used to be to this person I am know is very depressing.

Im so sorry that your going through this, its seriously unfair and there is no simple answer to such a simple question "why me?" but you've just got to keep going! If possible get on accutane as soon as possible! I was offered accutane before got severe acne and the only thing I regret in life is not saying yes to it. If I had I would have saved my self a lot of suffering.

Anyway this post is starting to sound all me me me :D so i'll leave it at that! But if you ever need anyone to talk feel free to give me a PM. i know what your going through and its not the most pleasant experience.

good luck!

don't get too emotional about it...he might just kick you to the curb.

Thats a ridiculous comment. It is difficult for others to appreciate how bad acne can make you feel.

I hope they put you on accutane - ive been there and now dont really get acne any more alsthough there are side effects!

I'm really sorry that happened in your situation. That sucks.. but there's no reason to think that's going to happen in her case. Telling her to worry about an something that hasn't even happened or dwelling on "what if" is pointless. I'm not saying nothing bad can happen. It does, and you deal with it if it comes... but if you're constantly expectingit, that's what you'll get.

Serenity... sounds like you have a great boyfriend to me. Just try to stay positive. I know first hand how crappy it is always staying inside and hiding out. I'm in that stage too. If you feel like talking to anyone, just let me know. After all, I'm not doing much else these days lol. Good luck! :)

I feel so bad for you, keep up the hope and ur lucky to be with someone who loves you dispite this. I'd stay locked up in my room too. Maybe you had a reaction to something you ate or did? Best of luck sincerely.

To the one who went to school like that: Braver than I could ever be!!!! and thats a good thing.

hey Ive been through the same thing, bout a year and a bit ago I used to wake up every day with shitload of blood on my pillows, couldnt laugh at a comedy and had to eat slowly unless I wanted to deal with bleeding, some days my face would swell up so that my face didnt even look like my face anymore, my acne was horrific.

Im not ashamed that during that time I didnt go out in public at all, I stayed in and hid away from the world, I wouldnt have been able to last out there.

Compared to then i am a looooooot better, the real bad stuff stopped hitting me about last july and then now Im on an accutane course and thats getting rid of the more moderate stuff, my face now is basically a shitload of redmarks left over from those dark times, pretty moderate scarring and one or two actives left.

I'd like to tell you it got easier as my face slowly got better but for me it didnt, maybe slightly easier. But to this day I still dont like going out in the daylight, I only go out at night and avoid lighting whenever possible, my skin isnt even too bad now, but I think Ive been left with some sort of psychological barrier that has stopped me from re-entering into the daily grind. I dont know what it is, but all I know is that mentally and emotionally this experience has tore me apart, I have very few friends left and comparing the person I used to be to this person I am know is very depressing.

Im so sorry that your going through this, its seriously unfair and there is no simple answer to such a simple question "why me?" but you've just got to keep going! If possible get on accutane as soon as possible! I was offered accutane before got severe acne and the only thing I regret in life is not saying yes to it. If I had I would have saved my self a lot of suffering.

Anyway this post is starting to sound all me me me :D so i'll leave it at that! But if you ever need anyone to talk feel free to give me a PM. i know what your going through and its not the most pleasant experience.

good luck!

Hey there, I'm a 20 years old, and I just moved to Canada hoping that I'll be having the best time of my life here.

just a couple of days before coming here. I started Decutan which is basically Accutane but from a different company. anywhoo

after the first week. I started breaking out like never before,

I'm on day 18 and currently my face is filled up with acne. just everywhere on my face,

I've never experienced such severe breaking out before.

I'm very depressed. my friends are going clubing and partying everyday. and i'm here locked up in my room.

all I do, Is eat and sleep and watch movies in my room, the only reason I would get out is to get food.

I really know how you are feeling, It's just the same with me,I even dropped my summer courses because of it.

It's really hard to be yourself and socialize when you have acne.

I hope you start taking Accutane soon.

and me and you would be laughing about this 6months later :)

I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone.

we gotta fight this fucking disease. god fucking damn it lol

just hang in there.

ur a hero